when assembling a pc

D_block

only thing i can remember right now is giving a machine back to a user without the sata cable, not forgetting to hook it up, not putting it in at all left it on my bench. To make matters worse they didn't turn the machine on for 2 weeks and by then I had used it in another machine and it was gone.

Had a student worker working putting a system back together for me and he plugged the AT power connectors in and was off by one pin. Good thing it needed a motherboard before we started.

I did the same thing with my motherboard, I flashed it with the wrong BIOS and it screwed everything up. Luckily it didn't cost me too much to replace it. Since then I haven't even updated the BIOS, no need.

And one time I brought a video card, worked for a week and fired everything after that because the card was a bit too powerful for my old computer.

After transferring a CDRW (attached to a scsi card) to a new computer, couldn't have it to read the disc I was supposed to install the soft from, ("our new Nero version" that was handed by my colleague). Computer was very small and the big internal SCSI flat cable was quite twisted so I reopened the case and replugged everything twice before noticing the small prints on the disc. "DVD". :angry: Yeah right.