Copy file to programs file path? plz help

Ok my really bad and sad mistake, i used the wrong words just to be more especific, and i didn't saw the whole rules because i was too excited to start my unattended project.

If the mods wants to banned me i will understand, in both ways this will not happen again. Again sorry for this and if you could and want help me would be great

ok... i using WPI 6.2, i allready installed an app and i want to copy one file to the app path, i use the FILECOPY command but the file that i want to copy doesn't overwrite the old one.. i doing something wrong?

FILECOPY "%wpipath%\Install\app\app.exe" %systemroot%\Program files\app /y

any idea?

Edited by rline

Hi everybody, this is my first post in this great site, Kelsenellenelvian WPI rocks!!! great job :thumbup .

ok... i using WPI 6.2, i allready installed Flashget and i want to copy the .exe cracked file to the flashget path, i use the FILECOPY command but the flashget.exe (cracked) doesn't overwrite the old one.. i doing something wrong?

FILECOPY "%wpipath%\Install\Flashget\flashget.exe" %systemroot%\Program files\FlashGet /y

any idea?

txs in advanced

Reported. Moderator smackdown in 3... 2... 1...

@rline,

FILECOPY "%wpipath%\Install\app\app.exe" %systemroot%\Program files\app /y

Does the folder "app" already exist on the destination - %systemroot%\Program files\app?

If not, you will have to create the directory first,

MAKEDIR "%systemroot%\Program files\app"

then copy the file...you will also need quotes if there are spaces in your path. See this post for more info.

FILECOPY "%wpipath%\Install\app\app.exe" "%systemroot%\Program files\app" /y

You could also just do a DIRCOPY...See this post for more info.