Unattended install from OEM XP Pro disk

Hi everyone :hello:

I've just joined the forum. I have an AMILO Pro laptop with an OEM (Fujitsu Siemens) XP Pro installation. I have tried to create an unattended installation disk, although there is a text document on the disk saying that it isn't suitable for an unattended install. I made one disk following the instructions on the MSFN website, and when I booted from it, got an error message: "...cannot copy the files". When I copied the contents of the disk to my hard drive and tried to install from there, what I ended up with was a Windows install which looked like Windows 2003 server, i.e. with 'Administrator' instead of my name, and many of the services disabled, e.g. Themes, and also no internet access. Also, during the installation I got the error "the file icfgnt.dll cannot be copied" or "cannot be loaded". My laptop was preinstalled with this version and came with 2 disks: XP Pro Fujitsu Siemens, and a drivers disk. I then attempted to make a bootable XP disk by copying from the Fujitsu one and adding some of my customisations to it: programs and windows updates. When I went to install from this by booting from it, I got the same error about "cannot copy the files". When I started up this disk from Windows instead, I got the options of "New Installation" and "Upgrade (recommended)". With Upgrade, I got another error "Cannot continue with the setup wizard". With New Installation, I got the Administrator version of XP Pro again, with no internet access. Last night I copied all the files from the OEM disk onto the hard drive again, added my customisations and re-installed XP from this folder on the hard drive, with the option to upgrade. This worked and I have a normal XP install now, but I still don't know why I can't make an unattended installation from the Fuji disk. :no: