Usb FLash Virus ?

Here is my problem with my trancend 8 gb flash . When i insert it into a pc in work and ejects it, when i come home i gettin errors gettin into it. i gettin a error sayin the parameter cant be accessed :angry: but if i use autoplay or explore it works :blink:

im thinking it may be a virus on the work pc , bnecause my norton keep goin off when im home an i insert it. so i have to keep emptyin the flash and reformating :realmad:

sowhat i want to know is, if there a way to fix this problem without reformating :unsure:

post-138116-1193790544_thumb.jpg

Edited by D_block

the thing is my norton is serving its purpose. the same thing norton keeps finding, when i pluged into my friends laptop his avg antivirs found it also .

but what i want it is a way to make the parameter accessible once again, by double clicking it instead of haveing to use the options like autoplay or explore

There's a possibility Norton is locking/preventing drive access.

Believe me when I say you're better off without Norton. It may be reporting a virus, but it hasn't removed it. So it's not serving its purpose. As I said, use Avast to scan the drive and get rid of Norton.

i think i got it in work also and i was running macafee then

but what u said about norton blockin it, id look into that. :thumbup

but i believe some of the work pc's have viruses on them, but can i get them from just inserting my flash drive ?

OK, here is the funny thing. there is a girl with a laptop with vista premium on work also with AVG antivirus on it, when she inserted her usb key into the work pc it picked up the virus also and avg detected it. she used the heal function and everything, but she still gets the same thing i am gettin.

as shown in the image on the thread :unsure:

this is exactly why i didnt rush to change from norton to avg, becasue obvviously its not the antivirus causing the problem after all.

but they both get rid on the ( trojan- avg ) or (w32 thing - norton ) the problem still remains about how to fix the parameter without formatting the flash drive :unsure:

Edited by D_block

There is no network there, only single pc's with no internet connectivity. it so far it only seems to be affecting usb flash drives, :unsure:

once you insert it, it just comes along for the ride with you eject, and it messes up the parameter

well according to avg its a trojan. most likely it got there via the same usb flash. The one thing all the pc's have in common is the games on them that some one installed. who ever installed them there, most likely was the host .

My pc on work had it also untill i used norton 360, and i also use me nokia 6230i gprs internet on it, so my pc is fully udpdated and free from it.

The thing is too no matter what file sys. your key is in it gets affected, i had minesi n both NTFS and Fat32, i still hadd to reformat.

the link u placed above, i lokoed at it, everything there i tried on many accasions to no avail.

IM still open for more suggestions though :blink:

32.Fakerecy is a worm that spreads by copying itself to removable and mapped drives.

Note: Definitions prior to January 19, 2007 may detect this threat as Trojan.Horse.

arget of Infection: Spreads through mapped drives.

When W32.Fakerecy is executed, it performs the following actions:

Creates the following files:

[DRIVE]:\autorun.inf

[DRIVE]:\Recycled\desktop.ini

[DRIVE]:\Recycled\INFO2

[DRIVE]:\Recycled\Recycled\ctfmon.exe

%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\desktop.ini

%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\ctfmon.exe

Note: %UserProfile% is a variable that refers to the current user's profile folder. By default, this is C:\Documents and Settings\[CURRENT USER] (Windows NT/2000/XP).

Spreads by copying itself with the hidden and system attributes set to a fake Recycled folder, which it creates, and to mapped drives.

Now its easy to removethe virus, but its how to get back my device drive to work with out formatting is the thing

Click Start > Search.

Click All files and folders.

In the "All or part of the file name" box, type, or copy and paste, the file name autorun.inf.

Verify that "Look in" is set to "Local Hard Drives" or to (C:).

The only 'autorun.inf' that needs to be deleted is located in the root folder, which is c:\, d:\, and so on. Any 'autorun.inf' files found in subdirectories do not need to be deleted.

Forrest

Brothersoft Support