case fans

dirtwarrior

wow, that is a lot of air. Without knowing the application, it's tough to say whether the additional 12CFM is worth the rise of 8 dB. 40dB isn't as loud as you might think. Once you start going into 50 and above, then it is quite audible.

Sure it will work; if the fans are true 3pin then it has a RPM sensor build in. To read the RPM you need to connect in them to the motherboard. If you don’t care about noise nor about the RPM readings then just connect them directly with the 4pin adapter to the PSU.

By the way, 40 to 48 dBA is really loud... Better to go with 2 23 to 27 dBA fans, this will give you aprox. 26 to 30dBA of noise...

A Yateloon D12BL-12 / 120x120x25 fan at 1200RPM will move 45.0CFM and has a noiselevel of 24dBA for example.

This looks like a sweet fan: Yateloon D12SL-12C / 120x120x20 fat at 1300RPM moving 44.5CFM with only 20.8dBA of noise and can be found for 5 bucks...

I have a couple of questions.

Is there a way to tell air flow direction before pluging them in?

On a pcu heat sink does fan blow cold air in or draw hot air out?

when you lool at the fan on side has plastic things that hold the motor in place, that side of the fan is the output.

as far as cpus go, most tend to blow away from the cpu. some of the larger heatsinks ppl will point the fan so it blows on the mobo to cool the mobo components as well.

• 2 weeks later...

yate loons ftw! now imagine this, you have the high speed, imagine how quiet the medium/low would be :)

good idea with the fan filters too, i just opened my case the other day for the first time in a couple months and realized how dirty it was! i have a side fan with no filter!