Crysis SP demo

dcyphure

waited for this one for a while, it is quite immersive and definitly looks like the full version is goiing to be fun.

great graphics but even the best rigs cant run it playable at max everything. but the one single thing that had me in awe was the sound, best sounds i've ever heard in a game, you can even hear the foilage when the leaves brush up against you or each other. all the most subtle sounds are crisp and accurate.

i was pretty suprised how decent the A.I. was, on delta difficulty mode at least.

Yeah I downloaded it too, I have a good machine and I can't even max out everything, it would lag, and I'm running at a 1650x1050 resolution here. I can play the game at high settings only without any anti aliasing and I get a FPS rate of 20 which is decent I guess. If I set the anti aliasing on at 16xQ it kills my machine, I get a FPS of 5 only which is bulls***.

This game was pretty good, reminded me of Far Cry.

after updating to the beta drivers for my gfx card, been able to run it on a mixture of high and medium settings at 1280x1024, no different between dx9 and dx10, lol.

good game, good fun!

was getting anything between 18 and 45 FPS, drops a lot when it loads up the sceenery or loads the NPCs. but overall,. not bad, just a rediculous engine again! liek far cry was when it first came out.

• 3 weeks later...
1.77 GB download. Ouch!

I'll pass and wait for the real deal.

Bio Shock: 6.11 GB

Call of Duty 4: 6.32 GB

Enemy Territory - QUAKE Wars: 5.58 GB

So 1.77 GB is nothing... Yes I know it's a demo, but still..

Edited by war59312

the AI in this game is terrible, i hate the way i shoot someone and their reaction (although im still pumping bullets into them) is to shoot me back.

Perfect Dark 64 has the greatest AI i have ever seen in a FPS and i find it strange that developers these days cannot even come close to replicating it.

if i shoot someones leg i expect them to grab it, scream in pain and limp after me if i run away, or if i shoot someone in the hand i expect them to drop their gun, none of this happens in crysis which is why i find the AI so poor and dissapointing

Well, the retail version is out. Does anybody know if the full game has better performance than the demo? I'm curious to find out here.

dunno tbh, after playign the demo got bored...nothing special in it.

Now, performance wise it sucks monkey balls! COD4 looks just as good, if not better imo, and runs 10x better as well!

Now, performance wise it sucks monkey balls! COD4 looks just as good, if not better imo, and runs 10x better as well!

Totally agree with you here. Yet the water in Crysis looks pretty much like overflowing from my monitor :lol:

hehe, so true :P