My new cybercafé design

puntoMX

Sad news... things are going along slowly... Must be Mexican style I think :}. I went to the workshop to see how the furniture was coming along and after 1.5 months they made exactly... nothing... *cries*...

• 1 month later...

Well, I tried, but the sad thing is that NO ONE works here in December. People just get lazy and only look for the holydays and there "hidalgo" (like a 13th month payment). This week I will get the metal bases and the cut wood panels in, so on Saturday or Sunday the furniture will be finished by my self :D.

I still have to get a digital camera to take some pictures how I build it up. I would be glad to post them here ;).

• 2 weeks later...

Workspace%20painted_thumb.jpg Workspace%20painted%20shipping_thumb.jpg Workspace%20painted%20both_thumb.jpg

Furniture frame painted with a special paint mix containing 45% paint, 45% thinner and 10% paint hardener.

This paint contains also a substance to get a mate finish.

The idea was to get an industrial look, it worked out well ;).

Tubes%20painted_thumb.jpg Tubes%20painted%20day_thumb.jpg

These tubes will be used as the monitor stands;

the small tube on top of the monitor stand will be used to hang the headphones,

the base plate of 120*120mm is a VESA 100 mount and will be attached directly to the screens.

Bases%20painted_thumb.jpg Bases%20painted%20day_thumb.jpg

*Later today I will give a description of the pictures, and will post more pictures ;).

woowh you def. made that building look better! only thing i noticed is that it is pretty dark there.... you dont put more light bulbs? good luck with the rest!

Well, I didn’t have a digital camera before I started to take all the crap and from the frond of the building. I fooled you guys with this, it next door actually; "my" building was worse then the one from the neighbor :P.

I have still to work on the lights outside, but that will be after I open the place. For now I will use a simple light bulb that stays on the whole night. It’s a pretty dark avenue, typical Mexican style :P.

When do we get to see some pics of the computers?

Those will be just simple PCs, nothing special. Their based on a Gigabyte motherboard with Intel 945GC chipset. I use Celeron 420 CPUs in them working on a speed of 2.13GHz. Just the smallest drive I could find, an 80GB SATA WD drive. The screens are from BENQ, 19" 16:10 witch will be mounted to the tubes and onto the wall. Simple Labtec keyboards (made by Logitech) and Logitech Optical Mouse. Headphone with microphone from Genius; more a Logitech clone and they sound good as well for the price. Housing and PSU are really cheap, I replaced all fans including the ones from the PSU with cooler master fans and let them run on 7volt for less noise. There is no use to have expensive PSUs in Mexico as they burn out completely every 6 months due to brown-outs (yeah, sadly enough).

I should be ashamed of my self, I promised to make descriptions of the pictures but didn’t due too lack of time these days :(.

Well in most cases a Cyber Cafe tends to be like a regular cafe with round tables each with a labtop and some areas where people can bring in there own labtop. Then you would charge a certain amount for a certain time of usage. About the food it is practically cafe food in most cases.

Also about the private rooms the cafe is a regular food place/ diner/ resteraunt and then the rooms where a person can lock and pretty much do whatever they want to do ( however some cafes have cameras for safety ) and you would be charged a certain amount or no amount at all.

Then there is the ones where it is just computers but you have to remember they do this at the libarary for free. So I am guessing there is not alot libararies or the area is a really active area. If it is not an active area then I doubt there will be many people stoping by. Also these started out when people barely had access to the internet.

In some I see people playing that WOW game and that 3d Explorer 2nd life.

Your Cafe is looking alright in terms of basic structure......I want to see it with users.

Edited by Ludwig Von Cookie Koopa

There is no use to have expensive PSUs in Mexico as they burn out completely every 6 months due to brown-outs (yeah, sadly enough).

Why don't you at least get a 350 W that's Antec or Fortron?

I already know you don't need some killer 700W or even 500W!

Some PSUs may make things worse.

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

In some I see people playing that WOW game and that 3d Explorer 2nd life.

Your Cafe is looking alright in terms of basic structure......I want to see it with users.

Well, here in Mexico, and almost the whole South America, there is another understanding about a "cybercafé". Here they don’t serve any thing but they still call it a cybercafé. My new place is more like a shop, including repairs and upgrades that will be done behind the desk while people wait for there machine. To start the shop up, I will use some computers that I rent to the people for about, and don’t get shocked, 0.8 USD an hour. People can still play HL2, NFSU 2, GTA SA, DOOM 3, Quake 4, AOE 3 and more games, so a small LAN party can be organized from time to time, mostly in Sunday where it would be full with people playing games in small groups. Still 8 days to go before opening the place ;).
There is no use to have expensive PSUs in Mexico as they burn out completely every 6 months due to brown-outs (yeah, sadly enough).

Why don't you at least get a 350 W that's Antec or Fortron?

I already know you don't need some killer 700W or even 500W!

Some PSUs may make things worse.

I had 350W Enermax PSUs before in my first place but those I took from Europe with me. Now, the only "better" PSU I can find is the stock Coolermaster 430W PSU or the WAY overpriced (in Mexico) Thermaltake 430W PSU. The ones I use now are OEM, but still not that bad, but they have thinner cables and a relative cheap fan that I replace by a Coolermaster ball bearing fan at 7 volts.

• 2 weeks later...