Flash sites/files (swf or flv) freeze background IE window

CPU

When I have an IE window open, and click a link that either goes to a flash site, or plays an flv or swf video file on an html site, after I've read the page, or viewed the video and then close the page (foreground), the original page (background) I had open is frozen, with the hour glass going on, and the title bar stating that IE is not responding. If I wait, sometimes a long time, IE eventually comes back to life, and I can can again scroll or close out normally, the page. I have installed the lasted flash player and Sun java, but no matter what, I still get the freezes. What have I removed that can cause this, or do I need to install some other software I'm not aware of? Except for this annoyance, everthing else works great, and my system just flys. I don't remember which version of nlite I used last on around March '07, but that install had the same problem. I was hoping that an install using the newest version may have fixed a bug that would cause this.

Any help appreciated, and see below for my last session ini

Last_Session.ini

• 3 months later...

I've had IE freezing and crashing on flash sites as well on a few machines but those were not nLited. It was solved by reinstalling flash with the standalone installer. That one is quite hard to find on Adobe's site. There was also an uninstaller you could use first but some files were tough to delete.

I've also had (unsolved) problems on Youtube with an addon (Macromedia_Flash_Player_IE.cab).

I tried all the uninstalls/reinstalls, this and that, and never found a solution.

So, sadly, I used nlite to make a new iso, and just let it load up the drivers.

I hate using a full install of XtracraP, but I could not stand the lock-ups.

Maybe someone will find the cure for us, 'cause I really want to get back to my tiny install.

CPU

Don't think it's somehow connected with the components you removed.

Try this:

[1] Download and run Flash Player Uninstaller

[2] Install the latest Flash Player for IE

[3] Install CCleaner and use it periodically to clean your browser cache and fix all registry references. (Don't worry, it a safe program.)

fyi: all flash player versions can be found here

I've tried most things. I've used the IE repair tool, I've used the Flash uninstall util and I've reinstalled with the standalone player, but none have helped. I have got Flash 5 on this system along with other old Macromedia software. Maybe they're the problem. However, I don't want to uninstall any of those to find out.