Vista MasterUpdatePack (MUP)

i just noticed some estrange things going around the updates.

i was using a retail copy of spanish vista but the version number is different from the one i have at home.

spanish 6.0.6000.16385

english 6.0.6000.16386

i tried the english version and the integrated updates showed up so i guess they weren't working with spanish build.

i will investigate the build number differences in these retail copies.

just a quick question about updates?

wich are the ones that microsoft labeled as critical and wich ones as recommended?

im asking because i dont want to install all that insane list because many are configuration-specific.

many thanks.

just a quick question about updates?

wich are the ones that microsoft labeled as critical and wich ones as recommended?

im asking because i dont want to install all that insane list because many are configuration-specific.

many thanks.

You are looking for a regular updatepack, can be found here: http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5501

i was using a retail copy of spanish vista but the version number is different from the one i have at home.

spanish 6.0.6000.16385

:blink: you got the last pre-RTM Build of Vista :) This is cool :) The original RTM should be 16384, but MS made 2 recompiles. Your 16385 and the RTM which was shipped, the 16386.

the problems is that this spanish versions activates well but windows update says that there are no available updates and i cant install any if a download them manually.

installing spanish version with spanish language pack while i found more about this builds.

The Vista Tools failed for me also.

I have installed WAIK on my Vista system.

I request a help file kind of thing for using Vista Tools.

Guess: Is it that Vista Tool pack not able to find peimg, imagex on the system (may be we need to set their path in environment variables). I will try setting that....

Guess: Is it that Vista Tool pack not able to find peimg, imagex on the system (may be we need to set their path in environment variables). I will try setting that....

no it finds it and it works.. its does say PEIMG completed operation successfully on the command prompt... just doesnt commit the changes afaik.

Brilliant guys thanks for all the hard work.

I used and tested last night / today and all works fine on my Vista Ultimate 32 Bit unattended install. It did take a little longer than usuall to install but not much, less time than I expected really.

Tried it three times and worked fine every time.

no it finds it and it works.. its does say PEIMG completed operation successfully on the command prompt... just doesnt commit the changes afaik.

It does commit the changes perfectly here, so are all other options :blink:

You need waik installed on your system to use the tool !!

Edited by sp00f