"mlang.dat" not found during txt mode of XP installation

Hi,

I overwrite it with a clean "mlang.dat" of my installed XP, of course after using "makecab", but it's still cannot be found during the text mode of Windows XP installation processus.

I hade also a problem with mlang.dll, when i right click on desktop to set properties an error message appears telling me that mlang.dll is not a valide image.... But this one has been fixed using ModifyPE then makecab then overwrite on XP source CD.

By the way, ModifyPE didn't worke with me on mlang.dat (modifype mlang.dat -c), it tells me that this file is not a PE file, so I've only executed makecab on mlang.dat :blushing: .

Once the installation finished I copy mlang.dat to "SYSTEM32", but WMP11 cannot read music files, RealPlayer does, WMP11 can only play ".wav" files :unsure: .

These problems occured after I slipstreamed WMP11 in my uptodated XP source CD using "WMP11 Slipstreamer" :wacko: .

Please advice.

A DAT file is not a PE file - PE files are binary files, the dat file could be text. Delete mlang.da_ if it exists in your i386 folder, and put your custom mlang.dat into the i386 folder.

-gosh