Can not install XP using Nlite

wozz

I have had this problem before but i cant remember how i fix it. When i try to install XP with Nlite it asks for XP installations files or the cd. I have copied the files on to the HD but nlite is not coping it.

Edited by wozz

are you on about when in textmode it says something like "please enter windows xp service pack 2 cd" or "Please insert the Disk labled: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 into drive A:", can't remember what though. i'll have a look

try this link & and are you installing XPPro, XPHome or X64?

Edited by legolash2o

I have had this problem before but i cant remember how i fix it. When i try to install XP with Nlite it asks for XP installations files or the cd. I have copied the files on to the HD but nlite is not coping it.

Err... by what you say, it seems you are trying to "use nLite" to make an install cd, not "install XP" yet.

Are you pointing to a new directory you created on purpose and that contains the I386 folder ?

Err... by what you say, it seems you are trying to "use nLite" to make an install cd, not "install XP" yet.

Are you pointing to a new directory you created on purpose and that contains the I386 folder ?

No i made the install cd. I just get the problem when i try to install XP and it asks for the XP CD or copy the directory from the HD.