Windows Boot Manager

Nepsyde

hi

few months ago i had downloaded a windows from internet and used my own cd key (i got legit xp pro+ vista home pre, but wanted to try other peoples version of xp cuz it looked neat). i manage to install windows xp pro but after few clicks around i got sick of it and reinstalled my vista. Problem came when i booted up my vista, i get this message on top saying: Windows boot manager...it asks you to pick windows vista or continue with installion (got to check in morning exact message right now i am tired :unsure:). when i go to windows vita it starts to boot up my orignal vista whic his great but when i go on the second one it goes to blank screen and does nothing. Any way i can get rid of this nuisance?

Cheers

erm hehe ok i used the command (got some command lines off the net) but now both menu say Microsoft Windows Vista .... and only one of them work... the bottom one works other one goes into black screen. sorry i am not very good in computers but can follow general commands.. any help ? :blink:

press start and type msconfig and hit enter

click the boot tab

Find the one that says Current OS and click the other one(s) and then click delete

reboot

after system reboots you might see a popup windows that says you used a diagnostic utility to boot windows if you see that just check 'do not show me this again' checkbox and hit ok

hey mate

only problem is that there is only 1 operating system on the menu that says current OS, there is no other ones to delete... if there were other OS i would delete it but, only one and i can't delete that (also won't let me).

You can also use a freeware program called easybcd (google it)

Its really simple to create and remove bootloader entries

Ths can also be used to reinstall vista bootloader and xp bootloader should you ever have boot problems