USB Driver for RDP

Express

Hi All,

Not sure if I am in the right place, if i am in the wrong place just point me to the right place.

I need to get information for adding USB devices via an RDP session. I have a CardScan that is not being picked up for the vmware via RDP.

Any help would be appreciated.

THANKS.

:blushing: okay let me try to explain it, this way.

I am running my OS (XP) via RDP from an ESX1 Server. I attach a usb thumb drive, or just about anything and vm does not pickit up. So basically I need a driver which can be let the vm see that there is a device on the local machine.

Thanks.

:blushing: okay let me try to explain it, this way.

I am running my OS (XP) via RDP from an ESX1 Server. I attach a usb thumb drive, or just about anything and vm does not pickit up. So basically I need a driver which can be let the vm see that there is a device on the local machine.

Thanks.

Coincidentally I am working on a project that calls for using VMware's Virtual Desktop Infrastructure. According to Vmware, the current VIC v1.1 cannot support dual monitors and USB devices but v2.0 can. However, v2.0 is in beta and will not be available until the 1Q of 2008.

But then, you're using ESX1 and we are using ESX 3.5 + VIC 2.0 Beta, therefore that could be a different story.

Edited by iTwins