Install XP on Acer 7720G, last boot, "fake" bluescreen

retard_love

Hello everyone.

I and my colleague are trying to install win XP on his new Acer 7720G notebook, whitch comes preinstalled with Vista.

With the help of nlite we have been able to integrate the S-ATA drivers on the win XP install disk.

The install goes smooth but after the last reboot, just before XP should start we get a "fake" bluescreen thath stays for less then a second, then it reeboots.

We have also tested to have the S-ATA drivers on a diskette with a USB diskette drive, and manualy install the S-ATA drivers (press F6 i the beginning).

Whith this alternetive we only get half the way i the first file copying session, then it says thath it can´t find the S-ATA drive (witch we loaded in the beginning), and we hav no option to direct it to the diskette drive.

When we run the install with out trying to add S-ATA drivers the XP install naturaly don´t finde the hard drives.

We have read on a other post thath you should disable the "native S-ATA support" in the BIOS, but this opption is not avaliable on this model.

We are grateful for any assistanse or help of any kind thath would be of intrest to this problem.

Model: Acer 7720G

http://global.acer.com/products/notebook/tm7720.htm

Specs:

Processor & Chipset

Intel® Centrino® Duo mobile technology, featuring:

Intel® Core™2 Duo processor with up to 4MB L2 cache

Mobile Intel® PM965 Express Chipset

Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN (dual-band quad-mode 802.11a/b/g/Draft-N) Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection, supporting Acer SignalUp™ with InviLink™ Nplify™ wireless technology, or

Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG (dual-band tri-mode 802.11a/b/g) Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection, supporting Acer SignalUp™ wireless technology

Memory

DDR2 memory, upgradeable to 4 GB using dual soDIMM modules (dual-channel support)

HDD

One or two S-ATA hard disc drives with Acer Disk Anti-Shock Protection (DASP)

Storage

DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive or, DVD/CD-RW combo drive

5-in-1 card reader, supporting Secure Digital™ (SD) Card, MultiMediaCard (MMC), Memory Stick® (MS), Memory Stick PRO™ (MS PRO), xD-Picture Card™ (xD)

Display

17" WXGA+ TFT LCD, 1440 x 900 pixel resolution, supporting simultaneous multi-window viewing via Acer GridVista™

16.7 million colours

Graphics

ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2400 XT with up to 1 GB of HyperMemory™ (256 MB of dedicated GDDR2 VRAM, up to 768 MB of shared system memory*) supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 9, DirectX® 10 and PCI Express®, or

(*Depending on size of system memory)

Mobile Intel® GM965 Express Chipset with integrated 3D graphics, featuring Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) X3100 with up to 358 MB of Intel® Dynamic Video Memory Technology 4.0 (8 MB of dedicated system memory, up to 350 MB of shared system memory*), supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 9 and DirectX® 10

(*Depending on size of system memory)

DualView™ support

MPEG-2/DVD hardware-assisted capability

WMV9 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) support

S-video/TV-out (NTSC/PAL) support

DVI-D (true digital video interface) support

(on models with dedicated graphics only!)

Best regards / The Swedes

There is no fake bluescreen. Turn your computer on and do the F8 to get the Windows Boot Menu (how you would go to safe mode). Choose the option to not reboot on failure, then when you boot up, it will show you the blue screen and not reboot.

Hi retard_love,

Where did you get the SATA drivers for that model - I bought the same model, but it didn't come with any driver disk or anything, and I've been searching all over the web, but can't find it anywhere...

Thanks

nelwa

Hi retard_love,

Where did you get the SATA drivers for that model - I bought the same model, but it didn't come with any driver disk or anything, and I've been searching all over the web, but can't find it anywhere...

Thanks

nelwa

We got it via Intels page, becaus it is a Intel chip. It whas a bit tricky to find the XP drivers, but aventualy we got it.

Then you have to make a disk with the drivers, or slipstream it.

Best of luck.

on another pc

copy xp disc to C:\XPCD must be a simple directory like this

use this on it http://www.msfn.org/board/RAID_Slipstreamer_t85842.html to add a number of raid/sata drivers, then use nlite to build & burn the disc again (don't touch the drivers with nlite)

the raid slipstreamer is a tested method, just incase you're trying the wrong driver :)

There is an alternative too ... Update the bios available on Acer FTP then SATA mode IDE will be available in bios. So no need to re-make a CD ...

btw, SATA drivers integration works as well as SATA IDE Mode with this Acer notebook. I have used these methods already ...

Good luck for your install ...

ps: FTP link ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebook/aspire_7720/

For windows xp drivers, use Realtek HD at realtek.com.tw for audio drivers

For vga driver if you have nvidia, download latest nvidia drivers and pickup nv4_disp.inf from http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers

For vga driver if you have ati, download latest ati drivers and use ati modder at http://www.driverheaven.net/modtool/ to support mobility cards

Chipset & Wifi on intel.com are okay too.