Clearing the Run Command Box

D_block

is there a way to clear the run command box ? i know mines clears automatically i think but if i want to clear it manually, how can this be done ?

idont like clients tracing my work and i prefer to use commands .

over and out

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
..i know mines clears automatically i think but if i want to clear it manually, how can this be done ?...
Just click start then shutdown and click cancel. Now the start run menu is clean. :)
How do you make yours clear automatically?
Simply import:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;Clean Recent Docs Histroy On LogOut

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer]

"ClearRecentDocsOnExit"=dword:00000001

"NoRecentDocsHistory"=dword:00000001

Edited by war59312

Should work fine after importing the above registry tweak... That's how it works..

If not the current user registry keys too to make sure it is not over-riding the local machine settings...

Edited by war59312

is there a way to clear the run command box ? i know mines clears automatically i think but if i want to clear it manually, how can this be done ?

idont like clients tracing my work and i prefer to use commands .

over and out

Some folkes tend to get cranky if you clear their history... So I only start a command prompt from the run dialog, and then launch everything from it...as there is no need to clear the history of events that were never logged in the first place. ;)

@ Joker, its not to clear the browsing history, its to clear the history in the " run command " so ppl cant retrace my steps. i dont use the conventional way of : start-all programmes-accesories-system tool-defragmenter i prefer dfrg.msc <--- jus for e.g

so i dont like ppl tryin to figure what i just did is launching commands etc