Flash capabilities?

Tripredacus

As I noted in another thread, I am seriously considering creating a GUI for WinPE using Macromedia Flash. I had previous experience in creating Installers with them (like DemoShield) and it would be a lot easier for me to create an app with that. The app would be an .EXE which is the embedded stand-alone player that does not require Flash or Shockwave to be installed on the computer itself. I have these questions:

1. Would there be any complications to using a Flash App?

2. Are there any additional files I require for XML parsing?

3. What is required in order to connect to a SQL or Oracle Database on a remote computer?

This is as far as I thought on this so far. The main requirement is that the Flash app will need to get a configuration from a computer on the network, so that the app can be scalable and we won't have to replace the app everytime we do an update. I already know how to connect to network resources and how to make things work on the Flash side. My main questions are regarding if there is anything that needs to be loaded into WinPE in order for the flash app to work properly.

To support XML you have to add the XML component using peimg

To connect to a database, add the MDAC compoment using peimg (I know it works with MS-SQL)

I have no idea if Flash will work, if I remember correctly Flash uses DirectX for accelerating graphics and this relies heavily on the graphics driver, and WinPe uses a common VGA driver so I would imagine that it will not do very well, but hey give it a try.