Windows XP won't get installed

sajith

Hi all

I am totally new to this forum ,so If I say anything wrong plz forgive.My problem is that my computer had windows XP installed,in it . I had to format my computer and when I tried to reinstall it the installation process stops at middle and stays like that for days. the blue screen comes, formats the disks,partitions,copies everything but after the machine restarts the XP logo comes and nothing happens there after,I tried using windows 98 still I couldn't install it,Plz if anyone knows what to do tell me,

Thanks

Edited by sajith

It seems that your memory broken. RAM. Try to remove memory sticks 1 by 1 or ask your friend for some , try to install OS with it. I got myself same signs when my 1 gig memory stick broke. Your PC will show that you still having that amount of RAM , but wininstall will freese in the middle , and after a while you'll get BSOD with various mistakes.

After removing that 1 gig mem. stick & inserting one from another PC - installation progressed without any freezes or mistakes.

Also if you have time you can simply run some DOS memtest , to see how many errors it'll show. I'm expecting many :)

It seems that your memory broken. RAM. Try to remove memory sticks 1 by 1 or ask your friend for some , try to install OS with it. I got myself same signs when my 1 gig memory stick broke. Your PC will show that you still having that amount of RAM , but wininstall will freese in the middle , and after a while you'll get BSOD with various mistakes.

After removing that 1 gig mem. stick & inserting one from another PC - installation progressed without any freezes or mistakes.

Also if you have time you can simply run some DOS memtest , to see how many errors it'll show. I'm expecting many :)

Thanks for the idea ,I have two rams and I tried changing both of them ,but it had the same problem,do you think there is anything wrong witht he m/b

Likely a bad HDD.

RAM usually would be a STOP: 0x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA BSOD or it refuses to copy a random file.

don't think so I tried the HDD with another computer and it had no bad sectors or whatever.

Likely a bad HDD.

RAM usually would be a STOP: 0x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA BSOD or it refuses to copy a random file.

don't think so I tried the HDD with another computer and it had no bad sectors or whatever.

You may have a dying CMOS battery.