unattended xp pro

smoothkem

i have a legitimate version of windows xp pro unattended version that requires no serial key yet it keeps asking for one when i go too install it can it only be installed from boot up or can it be installed through windows? :unsure: ty for help

i have a legitimate version of windows xp pro unattended version that requires no serial key yet it keeps asking for one when i go too install it can it only be installed from boot up or can it be installed through windows? :unsure: ty for help

I don't quite understand your question. Please write it again, but in different words, but use capital letters, comma's, periods, et cetera, to make it readable.

By inserting my own punctuation i assume you meant this

I have a legitimate version of windows xp pro unattended version that requires no serial key, yet it keeps asking for one when i go to install it. Can it only be installed from boot up or can it be installed through windows?

Unattended cds work from boot-up, not from withing windows. If installing from within windows (like an upgrade etc) the cd will still work but wont install unattended, it will prompt you for all the info it needs.

Unattended cds work from boot-up, not from withing windows. If installing from within windows (like an upgrade etc) the cd will still work but wont install unattended, it will prompt you for all the info it needs.

... unless you start the installation file and supply additional parameters to point to the unattended file. You could include a batch script in your I386 folder which runs the installation file and the right parameters for you, which you could then launch instead of the normal setup file.