Integrating SP3 5.1.2600.3205

rebelo

Integration is ok. I cannot say the same thing about removing components with nLite. Using my settings , I get a corrupt OE (not registered), quick launch is not working, leftovers from the new features in SP3.

Worked fine for me. The only thing that didn't install was my wmp 11 add on. Maybe it was the speed that I burned the CD. The other 27 odd add ons installed without issue.

Eddie

eddie what wmp addon are u using?

Worked fine for me. The only thing that didn't install was my wmp 11 add on. Maybe it was the speed that I burned the CD. The other 27 odd add ons installed without issue.

Eddie

eddie what wmp addon are u using?

I have been using the same one for some time now, its rado354's. The thing is that I see it, the progress bar, during the T-13 time frame, but it doesn't install. So I just open the cab afterwords and use the silent installer to install. Yesterday, I went to 'Sharks' site and made an add on with his msi. So I might try that the next time. On a related note, I thought I read somewhere that there might be an issue with slipstreaming this sp3 beta & wmp 11!! Hmmm.

The reference to speed burning was that, as been previously noted before on this forum, if the speed is to high, one might have issues. I originally did at 48x. This last time I burned at 12x. Maybe needs to be at a slower speed still.

Anyway, thanks for any input, Boooggy.

Eddie

eddie

u can try my wmp 11 slipstreamer (click on my sig)

rebelo

slipstream sp3, do all custom things with nlite and just before u create iso or burn the cd overwrite the pidgen.dll from sp2 cd to the i386 folder of sp3 disc. the create iso or burn cd.

Edited by boooggy

For those who are having serial # issues. Its not microsoft or a problem they are going to fix. Obviously they blacklisted serials that you guys used (u know what u did so dont all trying to be like its a bug)

I am doing an nlite cd now, slipstream sp3 w/o nlite, use wmp slipstreamer and integrate wmp11. then slipstream ie7 manually.

Then ill load up nlite, add on my drivers, do some customizations and hopefully be good to go on unattended install.

I have another issue with nlite and sp3 3205. When I don't nlite the build I get SP3 3205 shown up in the system properties/winver or by any other method. But using nlite and installing a stripped down version gives me system property as version 3093 of sp3.

The branches.inf file of sp3 indicates a stamp

BUILDTIMESTAMP = "20070901.012633"

Any comments?