Last Versions of Software for Windows 98SE

Opera 10.01 Build 1844 is out on Final Release.

Cannot see it curing all of the problems some users of Opera 10 report but works just fine for me on my 98SE2ME box. 

But it is important you DO NOT update from Opera's Auto update settings. Update manually using the Classic Installer otherwise you will encounter big problems.

Edited by lightning slinger

The Eset on-line AV scanner I mentioned in post#375 appears at the moment to be non functional on 9x. Throwing up an error signal when downloading the latest definitions file.

This has happened on a previous occasion and has been corrected but considering eset have never listed it as functional on 9x even in its beta days, it remains to be seen if this will be corrected.

The Eset on-line scanner is again functional on 9x  :thumbup

Last version for 98/98 SE/ME (?):

RECUVA (freeware)

http://www.recuva.com/

...a freeware Windows utility to restore files that have been accidentally deleted from your computer.

Last Version: 1.31.437

Download from: http://filehippo.com/download_recuva/changelog/6294/

Hi,

I just try the lastest version 1.32.444 from yesterday on 2 pc (one running KerneEX et the other without KernelEX) and it work well on both :thumbup

This begs my next question... is there a free/share-ware DVD burner that someone highly recommends, for 98SE?

There are plenty of them.

SmallCDWriter (which I currently use),

Does anybody have a download link for the english version of SmallCDWriter ?

Thanks

Jake

WinRAR v3.70 Corporate Edition

I just wanted to know if the above would work on Windows 98 S.E

Regards

Sorry for that question but it's a legal version? I haven't seen such thing on WinRar site.

I've legal 3.90 version and it works without any problem.

WinRAR v3.70 Corporate Edition

I just wanted to know if the above would work on Windows 98 S.E

Regards

Sorry for that question but it's a legal version? I haven't seen such thing on WinRar site.

I've legal 3.90 version and it works without any problem.

I typed the wrong number, so are you saying that 3.90 works on Windows 98?

UltraVNC 1.0.2 is supposedly the latest 98SE compatible version. 1.0.6.5 can be installed via the kernel project but dependency problems prevent the server from functioning.

Is there any alternative remote software?

UltraVNC 1.0.2 is supposedly the latest 98SE compatible version. ... Is there any alternative remote software?

I have TightVNC version 1.3.9 working very well on several Win98SE boxes. The latest is 1.3.10, but I haven't yet got round to installing it. There is nothing on the web site to indicate there might be a problem.

Jeff

Seems that the last version of Avast Home Edition for 9x is 4.8.1356.

At least, the Program Update option in 4.8.1356 does not work on 98 SE, meaning that there's no update to version 4.8.1358.

Edit: My mistake. I took too much notice of an announcement on Filehippo of a new version of Avast Home.

ONGD - FREE - Avast! 4 Home (4.8.1367) --- http://www.avast.com

Edited by bristols