Last Versions of Software for Windows 98SE

Could someone post links to the last version of Flash 10 to work with KernelEx?

Hi,

here are other links:

FileHippo: make your choice on the right side

AppHit: same thing

BTW, I am running version 10.1.82.76 ;) .

Is that a later version than this 10,1,102,64 as I have that one installed.

Thanks all. I will try to download a bit later. I once tried to download that adobe flash archive. it's about 1GB. couldn't make head or tail of it once i got it. :thumbup

Wow, current version of Flash running on W98, AX and plugin. Never thought that would be possible.

Thanks Xeno !!!

Edited by snuz2

• 1 month later...

Flash Player 9 EOL:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/406/kb406791.html

Internet Plugins + Utilities

LAST - FREE - Adobe Flash Player 9.0.289.0

Besides, the official servers for Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst are closed, so the link is no more valid.

Games

LAST - $$$$ - PHANTASY STAR ONLINE Blue Burst (dx9.0b, OLG)

Edited by halohalo

• 3 weeks later...

What exactly are the last versions of Opera and Firefox to work perfectly under Win 98SE?

I have Firefox 2.0.0.20.

--------

A small contribution to the list of programs for Windows 98:

FREE: Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.4.0

You can mount iso images with it in Windows 98, I use it to load images for games like Combat Flight Simulator.

To mount .NRG images you first have to convert the image to ISO.

• 1 month later...

Someone could update the Internet apps section with Yahoo! Messenger 8.10249 (site: oldversion.com) which works and is still compatible with Yahoo!'s current net protocols.

EDIT: Checked on WinMe. It takes some time before it logs-in (probably something with its network settings, happened on Longhorn builds too) but it works.

Version 8.1.0.421 also seems to work fine.

Joe.

• 3 weeks later...

ONGD FREE Trillian 3.1.9.0

http://ceruleanstudios.com/downloads/

ONGD (invite only) Trillian Astra v4.0.0.78 [Alpha Testing]

http://www.trillian.im/

Are these the last 9X compatible versions, or were they the current versions at the time of this posting?

I initially downloaded version 3.1.15.0 and this threw an Access Violation Exception during installation.

However, I then figured the download URL for version 3.1.9.0 and installed this. During installation, it offered to download and update to version 3.1.15.0, which I accepted. So now version 3.1.15.0 is installed successfully. Perhaps if I didn't accept the update offer, and installed the previously-downloaded version 3.1.15.0 on top of version 3.1.9.0, this may also have been successful.

A word of warning: According to Avast, the optional "Ask toolbar" that comes with version 3.1.9.0 is infected by a Trojan or Virus or whatever. I had deselected this optional install anyway, but this seemed to put Avast into an infinite loop when I selected the "Delete" option, so I eventually had to tell Avast to take no action (the Trillion installation was progressing a bit at a time, but I lost patience with the recurring pop-up warning from Avast).

As for Trillian Astra v4.0.0.78, I couldn't find a copy of this anywhere (I presume this is also known as Trillian Astra Alpha Build 78), nor any version close to this.

Joe.

Does anyone know where to download 'mtppk11.exe' (Media Transfer Protocol Porting Kit, version 11)?

This was apparently the last W9X compatible version ...

Joe.