mordor

My system:

m2n-sli deluxe

athlon 4400+

geforce evga 8600GT

kingston 2048mb (2x 1gb) 667mhz

hd 160gb samsung sata2

Hey guys, first, sorry for my english, hope you can understand

I bought this PC two months ago, and it already came with those errors, but they do not happened often, so i didnt worried about. It already happened when i was navigating with IE, or playing a game, so its not with a specific program, but they were very rare.

But just now i was playing Battlefield 2 online and it was crashing on and on in the midle of the game. It is the first game im playing online in this PC. If i remeber well, i got no crashes (memory errors) playing this game with bots, offline. I must have played this game OFFLINE like 4 or 5 hours total with none of these errors, while ONLINE i got like 5 errors in 40 minutes.

The game crashes to desktop when the error occur, with the buttons OK and Cancel, both seems to do the same thing

Now, i got a fe of those errors too playing NFS Carbon, never played it online tho, always offline, so i dont think its totally related with playing online

With F.E.A.R. (and expansion) and GTA SA, i got absolutely no crashes at all during the game, i played both till the end, several hours, no errors at all

The error is : ""The instruction at xxxxxxxx referenced memory at xxxxxxxx the memory could not be read"

Sometimes it says "the memory could not be write" , and the numbers (where i wrote xxxxxxxx actually there are numbers and letters) varies, and sometimes its all zeros, like "The instruction at 00x000000 referenced memory at 00x000000 the memory could not be read".

Also i ran memtest, the one you run under windows, that only tests the free memory, and the one that you run under DOS, with a memtest boot CD, both i let running all night. No errors.

Anyone have any clue what this could possibly be ??

Sorry for the long text, i just tried explain the best possible cause i know this error is very difficult to solve since it appears to have several causes, so i wont be surprised if noone answers :D

Thanks everyone

Edited by mordor

I'd run sfc /scannow on your install, as well as upgrading drivers to the latest WHQL versions if possible. Then, I'd suggest running msconfig to disable all non-Microsoft startup items and services, then I'd run ShellExView to disable all non-Microsoft shell extensions.

The errors you are getting state that <some application> attempted to read from or write to a particular memory address (virtual address space, not RAM), and that address passed in by the application (or something loaded within the application's process space) is invalid.

A memory dump of the process when the error occurs would help, but generally these are caused by explorer shell extensions or applications loaded on startup (although I've seen some antivirus and firewall packages cause this as well).

http://www.memtest.org/

Get the bootable cd-rom image and run it on your machine for 24-36 hours. This will at least point towards any kind of hardware (memory, memory controller, cpu) problem you might have.

Already did it, but i let ir running only 12 hours, showed 0 errors. Ill try some other things, if none works ill try the memtest again, thanks

I'd run sfc /scannow on your install, as well as upgrading drivers to the latest WHQL versions if possible. Then, I'd suggest running msconfig to disable all non-Microsoft startup items and services, then I'd run ShellExView to disable all non-Microsoft shell extensions.

The errors you are getting state that <some application> attempted to read from or write to a particular memory address (virtual address space, not RAM), and that address passed in by the application (or something loaded within the application's process space) is invalid.

A memory dump of the process when the error occurs would help, but generally these are caused by explorer shell extensions or applications loaded on startup (although I've seen some antivirus and firewall packages cause this as well).

When i do the sfc /scannnow it asks to the windows installation CD, to replace the DLLs i think, is this command supposed to do that ?? If its right ill inset the win xp CD next time.

Directx version is 9.0c 4.09.0000.0904 does it need to be updated ?? Ill update the vga drivers and the mother board Bios (just discovered my Bios drivers are Beta)

When i do the sfc /scannnow it asks to the windows installation CD, to replace the DLLs i think, is this command supposed to do that ?? If its right ill inset the win xp CD next time.

It's going to scan the CD to make sure the binaries on disk match their hotfix versions (from the OS cache) or the CD versions (from the install media). If the binaries match neither, then yes, it will reinstall from CD.

http://www.memtest.org/

Get the bootable cd-rom image and run it on your machine for 24-36 hours. This will at least point towards any kind of hardware (memory, memory controller, cpu) problem you might have.

Already did it, using a bootable CD of memtest86, but i let ir running only 12 hours, showed 0 errors. Ill try some other things, if none works ill try the memtest again, thanks

Directx version is 9.0c 4.09.0000.0904 does it need to be updated ?? Ill update the vga drivers and the mother board Bios (just discovered my Bios drivers are Beta)

Ah, and i forget to say that there are two buttons in the error message it says:

Press OK to terminate

Press Cancel to de debug

Both do nothing. Is the cancel button supposed to generate a memory dump proces file or i need a debug program to do that??

Thanks a lot guys

Edit: Sorry cluberti, i posted before i had finished

Edited by mordor

Problem seems to be fixed

While i was trying to reinstall the graphic drivers, i had to uninstall the old one first, and i choose "remove all nvidia drivers", wich uninstalled the chipset drivers too, wich result in mouse and keyboard freezed in windows, and it was the best thing that happened cause i had to format c:

Reinstalled everything, latest drivers, updated the bios to latest version, the computer came from the store with lots of programs i dont use plus i had installed and uninstalled lots of stuff, anyways, just know the system everything is running fine now, played BF2 online maximum settings 1024(only anti-aliasing off) for like 7 hours, not one crash

Thanks guys the support, see ya