Can't set resolution in Specialize/OOBE pass

If I set the resolution in PE to 1280x1024x32 it sets the resolution correctly however the same settings used in specialize and OOBE passes to fail. I checked the setupact.log file and it said it couldn't set the display settings, it tried setting the width and height and then the colour depth but still could not set them (got a -1 failure code on all attempts).

I wouldn't mind so much but once I get the application installs working the number of apps is not going to fit on the screen!

I thought it might be something to do with needing drivers but then I don't understand why it works in WinPE.

Any ideas anyone?

UPDATE: Looks like it actually might be working in OOBE afterall. Still a problem with Specialize and Audit passes though

Edited by Dobby

well your not alone, mine work the same as yours and I am injecting the drivers so that leaves us to believe its just a Vista setup bug thing. My important thing is at OOBE so its set there and I just frown and disregard the others.

Ah ok. Glad I'm not alone. Guess it's not supprising as there are plenty of other bugs in the setup!

Well the auto app install using RunSynchronous is killing me. One badly formatted command and Vista Setup says "No, not going to install. But not telling you which one is causing the problem out of 30+." And the logs are no help either. Ho Hum...