What type of Gamer are you ?

Polarman

What type of Gamer are you ?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Style of Gamer (How much gaming do you do?)

• Light ( 1 - 1.5 hrs a day)
    • Moderate ( 1.5 - 3 hrs a day)
    • Heavy ( 3 - 6 hrs a day)
    • Hardcore ( + 6 hrs a day)
  2. 2. Type of Gamer (Choose wich one you use the most)

• Role playing
    • Real time Strategy
    • 1st Person Shooter
    • Simulation (racing and sports included)
    • Puzzle / Cards
    • All above equally
  3. 3. Do you play online?

• Yes
    • No

For my part, i would consider myself a moderate gamer. I can wait a full year after a game title has been release before i buy it. I'ts cheaper that way and most of the bugs have been patched.

I'll play all kinds of game. As long as it's good. I did play online a while (Diablo 2), but not anymore. I'm more of a single player person.

Edited by Polarman

I don't do all that much gaming....on average an hour a day or less. I think that if I didn't have school + multiple jobs, my time would be devoted to more visual entertainment.

I rarely get a game when it is first released. As Polarman has mentioned, waiting a few months or so after the initial release usually means a cheaper price and a few bug fixes. Granted, I can't think of any games that I have played that had horrible issues upon release, but I am sure they existed. Another benefit of waiting is that by the time I get the game, my computer may have seen one or more upgrades, thus giving me a more satisfying gaming experience.

Currently, i seem to be playing a lot of Unreal Tournament 2004 (I might actually get the new one when it is released). I will occasionally pick up the original Ghost Recon, or Wolfensten: Enemy Territory. Empire Earth is a good RTS, and you can't beat Flight Simulator for a good sim.

i'm light, i have no time to game.. stupid school :realmad:

but i still don't like just sitting here and playing games all day, i would rather code some websites or something. teach myself some new things and also get to make money :)

I voted light. I don't game very often at all, since I'm so busy with school. when I do play, I usually play what I guess could be called brain games, or thinking games, and I also like simulators. (I voted puzzle.) Google earth flightsim is awesome :D I agree with ripken, I'd rather spend the time learning something. I'm trying to learn ASM for TI-83/4+. Those who are bored in school (in other words, want calculator games) and have a TI-83+ or TI-84+ should check out detached solutions - they've got some awesome stuff, and of course ticalc.org. And the making money is always good, too. Or, spend time on MSFN! :thumbup

Where's the option for Ultra-Light? And where's the option for Arcade?

Although I'd love to play RTS games (like AoE), lack of time means I just settle for 30 mins of BioMenace / OMF 2097 / Galaga and other DOS games :)