[Release] XPize Darkside 2.1

zedox

OK. I just installed the package. It works great. Afterwards, I still had all my icons from vipv3, except the my my computer icon. I reinstalled the vipv3 and it restored the my computer icon.

So now I got everything without having to make my own custom files :-).

Thanks.

Here's a screenshot: http://www.eneerge.net/pictures/desktop.png

Different BG: http://www.eneerge.net/pictures/desktop2.png

Heres my setup:

VIPv3

xPize Darkside 2.1

TrueTransparency v0.8.5 - the only in memory third party application

Razor Theme 1.2 (from deviantart)

Custom Spybot SD Icon (from deviantart)

Set icons as 48px in display appearance advanced

nice, where can i get the first background? it looks **** cool

• 4 months later...

hi zedox! wouldn't there be anything that needs to be updated in this wonderful progie for sp3? i'm asking because after installing sp3, i lost darkside settings ... as this point, i'm trying to reload and see what happens ... about to restart ... thanks!

hi zedox! wouldn't there be anything that needs to be updated in this wonderful progie for sp3? i'm asking because after installing sp3, i lost darkside settings ... as this point, i'm trying to reload and see what happens ... about to restart ... thanks!
... seems i got everything (or most of darkside settings) back but the 1st Welcome To Windows screen still come up in blue ... thanks!

I would guess that an update that is compatible with sp3 will come some time after the original xpize is updated to support sp3, although xpero seems to be rewriting that quite a bit so it could take some time...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Progress is slow, I really struggle for time now.

I will not be basing any future releases on any of the new XPize releases.

I will maintain using the NSIS installer. If I was to move from this, it would be made from scratch by myself.

I'll try and make some time to look into the issues, but other than correcting problems and changing the visual style again nothing else will be changed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Any idea of when we can hope to have a SP3 compatable Darkside? As of right now with version 2.1, the logon screen doesn't work with widescreen. I am running at 1440x900. Do you have any current fix for this in the meantime while we wait for the SP3 compatable version?

Thanks for all of your hard work! :hello:

• 2 months later...

My desktop resolution is 1680x1050 and it works fine. I do it manually though so I can switch to different logons if I want using a reg file. I use this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"UIHost"="C:\\Windows\\system32\\XPize_Logon.exe"

You can use this to reset it to default:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"UIHost"="C:\\Windows\\System32\\logonui.exe"

I don't remember where I found XP_Logon.exe, as it's not in the %WINDOWS%\XPize Darkside folder. If you want, I'll put it up on some file host as it's just slightly too big to attach to this post.

As to the project, I assume 2.1 is the last release? It was said it will not be based on any future releases, so I'm assuming it's dead. I know Xpize 2.7 was a major overhaul, so it would be a lot of work. Someone else could take over the project if they wanted, right? I don't have the know how, otherwise I would. I really need to go back to school.

Edited by Yochanan

Hi,

I still didn´t find a real answer on this so i´ll ask here.

I have allready had darkside installed before. but an older version.

Back then the startbutton was only the small flag, but now its a big orange bar.

Is there any easy way, like a setting to make it the flag again??

I hope u can help,

Nozem