[Release] XPize Darkside 2.1

zedox

Mixed responses on the theme change I see...

XPize has always been about updating old system resources.

I was never a fan when XPero changed the visual style in xpize.

Pgase's visual style was originally chosen as a last minute thing.

Now i've come across an official XP dark style logon (zune) It just seemed perfect, admittedly I dont like the orange twinges to it though.

Royale Noir looks even better than zune, but I'm sure I've tried that out before and something went wrong... will have another looksy!

I kind of like Pgase's Vista Luna Basic, myself, especially the subdued colors to indicate a window wants your attention. Only thing I don't like about it is losing the logon photo in the start menu.

Edited by CLHatch

I'm betting it's this:

Known Issues:

- Boot Screen Modification does not work for Dual Processor PC's.

Please give feedback on any issues you comes across.

Nope single core machine, in a VM, and real machine (P4 2.66)

Royale Noir looks even better than zune, but I'm sure I've tried that out before and something went wrong... will have another looksy

Royale Noir is the base for Zune. It was not ready for the first launch so they removed from the original Royale theme. Now they have completed it and added this orange and launched as Zune. Perhaps an combination of both could be better - to take elements form zune to replace the odd parts of Royale Noir.

Changing the orange bitmaps would be a piece of cake!

Note to all

My website is going to be down for the rest of the month...

Within the first 2 days of the release of 2.1 my bandwitdth used was double my hosting accounts limits...

Hey, if you do change the orange to black in the Zune theme, don't forget to change the name of it so you don't overwrite the original (or if someone later installs the original and overwrites yours). Perhaps Zune Darkside?

I'm betting it's this:

Known Issues:

- Boot Screen Modification does not work for Dual Processor PC's.

Please give feedback on any issues you comes across.

Nope single core machine, in a VM, and real machine (P4 2.66)

Me too. P4 2.4 GHz and no new bootscreen... :unsure:

Mixed responses on the theme change I see...

XPize has always been about updating old system resources.

I was never a fan when XPero changed the visual style in xpize.

Pgase's visual style was originally chosen as a last minute thing.

Now i've come across an official XP dark style logon (zune) It just seemed perfect, admittedly I dont like the orange twinges to it though.

Royale Noir looks even better than zune, but I'm sure I've tried that out before and something went wrong... will have another looksy!

I kind of like Pgase's Vista Luna Basic, myself, especially the subdued colors to indicate a window wants your attention. Only thing I don't like about it is losing the logon photo in the start menu.

Hmmm... I take back what I said about losing the logon photo with Vista Luna Basic. Seems he made a version with the user name and logon photo in the start menu. Gone back to XPize Darkside and Vista Luna Basic here. :)

HELP:

XPize Darkside 2.1 was released Friday the 12th... As you may have noticed my site has been down all month, this is because I doubled my bandwidth limit in 2 days! I get charged per mb over the limit by £0.02. Now that doesn't sound much does it? When you multiply that by 4,874mb it comes in at £97.48 (and thats before they've added VAT!!!)... I've just had my bill through, and I do not have the finance to pay for it!

Help me, help you... DONATE!

Edited by zedox

HELP:

XPize Darkside 2.1 was released Friday the 12th... As you may have noticed my site has been down all month, this is because I doubled my bandwidth limit in 2 days! I get charged per mb over the limit by £0.02. Now that doesn't sound much does it? When you multiply that by 4,874mb it comes in at £97.48 (and thats before they've added VAT!!!)... I've just had my bill through, and I do not have the finance to pay for it!

Help me, help you... DONATE!

zedox, i could give you an upload account at christiankuhlmann.eu, with subdomain. Interested as mirror for you? Then u may upload there by yourself, e.g. zedox.christiankuhlmann.eu ;)