Vista PE 2.0 Custom CD Black sceen at bootup

abuthemagician

Ok so i followed a guide written by Issac Holmes called "Creating WIM images of Windows XP for system deployment using Windows PE"

In that guide it shows you how to make a basic Winodws PE disk using the WAIK "Windows PE Tools command prompt," including how to integrate extra drivers. I downloaded the Chipset, Wlan, LAN and Mass Storage packages from Driverpacks.net and then following the advice of the article deleted the one MSD driver known to make PE not boot.

After finalizing the image and creating the CD i tested it on a machine but it just boots to a black sceen. No mouse cursor or hard drive activity. pressing keys does nothing as well. Anyone else run into this? Iam going to go back and make the cd with just the MSD and LAN drivers but I thought i would ask.

Here is a link to the guide i used:

http://www.msfn.org/board/GUIDE_Creating_W...XP_t101383.html

• 2 weeks later...

The instructions in my guide do not create a hardware independent image. Only bootable media from which you can create and deploy image files from. You will still need to deal with hardware compatibility issues like, HAL and MSD drives in XP.

If your WinPE cd is not booting up it may be an issue with not enough memory on the booting machine or an issue with a driver you added.