Widescreen Requirements

Glenn9999

so are you going to get a widescreen :)

Already done. Just updated the video drivers, and it worked very well from then on. Heh.

Did you set it to the native resolution? (maximum resoultion the monitor supports).

Also I suggest you tweak the settings of the monitor. Brightness, Contrast... and Auto Adjust (makes the image fit correctly and in sync with screen)

I like to use the nVidia control panel. There should be a wizard on your to help tweak setting for optimal image quality.

On mine its in the Control Panel > Tools > Display Optimization Wizard.

@ DonDamm

The question I was asking is whether a Widescreen of 1920 x 1080 requires two inputs to drive it. Or would one VGA/DVI cable be enough to drive a 1920 x 1080 resolution?

Also, do you need powerstrip? My nVidia control panel lets you set up your own resolutions, does your ATi have this?

What ripken204 says. If your driver has the 1680 resolution and the nVidia control shows it, then your in like flint! My radeon card doesnt' natively support that resolution, so if I want it Ill have to insert it. the card is capable of it because it can handle a 1920 resolution without a hitch. PowerStrip is just a handy utility for those times when you have a monitor that doesn't match your video card. Case in point: I built a machine for a friend the summer before last and used a Gigabyte fanless 1650 series video card (ATI based). Later he bought a 1440 res monitor and then decided he wanted a 22" one with 1680. Neither of those resolutions were available on the card, so I inserted them with PowerStrip. It worked a charm. The only drawback is that if he needs to reinstall, he'll have to do it over again and I don't think he'll be able to manage by himself. I imaged the setup for him, though, so he should be okay.