lastet software updates - HOW?

whitetiger1

hi

every time i want to ask

there is some software sites

like kaldata.com filehippo.com sferasoft.us 2baksa.net

and also msfn

they have daily software updates

i dont think they check hunderd sites every day?

i ask many of webmaster for sites like this and they

didnt answer.

can any body tell me just a hint because i tired from search

maby for 6 months i search where is the secret

is there company or somthing for this job

Regards....

well I think I understand your question :)

You're right in that it is too much work, for one person, to be constantly checking websites for software updates. A lot of software news is posted by the developers and end users, think wikipedia, not someone who's job is dedicated to checking. Also RSS feeds, which works like newsletters but does not use email, to other software forums helps a lot.

thnks a lot

but i feel the developers doesn't

use forums or sites for post what they get

and all software sites have same

way in post software like link homepage small icon etc.

that mean this thing organizer not random

is that right?

Edited by whitetiger1

I get email notifications every time someone submits news to the frontpage software section, since I am a moderator, and its usually a mix between spam and sincere posts by users and developers.

Different sites use different software to manage the front page, its not random.

i dont mean how manage in site

i was mean like description and links and icon and bug fix it same in

all software site that mean its orgnize from the source

is this right. the thing i under stand from you is all developers

are in one place to post what they have is this right?.

i hope we can talk together in msn or Gmail

or contact with Yahoo

Edited by whitetiger1

well when there is a software update usually there is a changelog file or a "whats new" description. There is no central site on the internet where you can get all software news. The closest thing to that would probably be watching the softpedia rss feeds. I prefer to keep the discussion in the public sphere so others can follow and share their input :-)

Use softpedia subscribe feature, you will get automatic update notificaion on your email.

You just have to subsribe to the software you want to monitor, I use it and it's the best

site I have tested...

I've actually written an application to do exactly that. Basically I scrape the page with the version number on it and when it changes I know about it. I can run a command and it checks 60 applications in about 10 seconds.

Most sites rely on the application being in their database or reply on companies to update them. My app goes straight to the application website.

It's not ready for public use yet but I'm using it for my own purposes which is a good thing.

Use softpedia subscribe feature, you will get automatic update notificaion on your email.

You just have to subsribe to the software you want to monitor, I use it and it's the best

site I have tested...

i think the original source is

best because you find it faster and you choose

tech news hardware games etc...

I've actually written an application to do exactly that. Basically I scrape the page with the version number on it and when it changes I know about it. I can run a command and it checks 60 applications in about 10 seconds.

is it check from software servers

what programe languge u use it?

is it show the log changes in software?

i find software like it called UpdateStar

but it just check only software i install it in pc

Most sites rely on the application being in their database or reply on companies to update them

i dont think so

some sites get lastet software with cracks! many

software updates i do not think they reply all companies

i think there is place for lastet tech news hardwre updates and software look at this site

,there is lastet software updates service but for mac..

Edited by whitetiger1

Sorry I should have said a lot rather than most. The most popular one for tracking software is versiontracker.com and this site definitely requires the vendors to update their profile. As for other sites I've not found one which does it well or tracks a large number of applications and has the ability to add them easily. My search was be no means extensive though.

I check the original vendors website if that's what you mean.

what programe languge u use it?

Ruby on Rails

is it show the log changes in software?

No. At the moment I only track version changes.

I can add any application that has a website. Some websites are a little tricky as they use Javascript to check which browser you have for plugin based software and if you're not using Javascript (i.e. because it is a bot) this can be a problem.

just search in google this word (daily software news) and see how the all software sites

have lastet updates not in same time but same software belive me there is many sites

of software updates best and faster then big software sites and the thing tell me

there is 1 way is there is software updates tech news hardware updates all it in many sites

same links same description i just think there is some one take money for this?

i dont find other Interpretation

I search many times using words from description or name software with builds

but sure i find nothing i just found normal software sites i dont find origanial source first i think they

use pad xml files of software but i found not all software developers use it and they dont they update pad files,

now i think DigeratiPrime says is right because there is no any way to get software news

but to now i dont find any thing ...

Edited by whitetiger1
Warez sites are not allowed to be posted.

Programs that will scan for programs and tell you if new versions are available:

AppSnap

http://appsnap.genotrance.com/

FileHippo.com Update Checker (I tried this and it only checks default install paths)

http://filehippo.com/updatechecker/

UpdateStar

http://www.updatestar.com/en/

Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI)

https://psi.secunia.com/

They're all free, as far as I know. I use Secunia, but it is aimed mainly at updates that fix security problems.

Edited by SmaugyGrrr

thank you

i seen some of these site before

but they are choose software updates they want not

me from original source .

i found software sites and software like you post it

where they get the software??

if we say developers there software and publish it

where the publish it (exept there site) where they publish

thais is the quistion?

^ If I want to publish my software, I submit it to standard sites like Download.com, BetaNews.com and Softpedia. These are amongst the most popular sites and many sites intrun use the RSS feeds of these sites, aggregate them and publish their own feeds.

Some developers also use a Software Submission Service who promote/submit your software to 100s of sites.