Vista OEM License Questions

Scubar

Hi Guys

I am considering getting a copy of Vista Home Premium 64Bit OEM and was wondering a few things, im due to upgrade some of my system soon but wanted to install Vista now. I will only be upgrading ram to 4GB kit, CPU to a Quad core and GPU to a 9series when it becomes available. Will i have any problems with activation with MS either online or over the phone with it being OEM and all ?

I purchased the Ultimate OEM version when it came out. I have now replaced 2 motherboards for that system and had to re-activate manually both times. It was as simple as calling them up and explaining what I did. Now I did tell them that I was the OEM builder for the system (which I am, it's my system). According to the EULA the only way you can re-activate an OEM OS is if the OEM builder is the one providing the support. Well I was, so as I see it I'm in compliance. FYI, I didn't just designate myself an OEM builder, I enrolled in the Partner Program so it's all legit. There isn't anything connecting my registration to my Partner Program # so there is no way they could have know and they didn't ask any specifics. They just simply asked if it was installed anywhere else and my reason for replacing the motherboards. I was scared I wouldn't be able to upgrade but so far it's been a pleasant experience.

I upgraded my hard drive that triggered reactivation of my OEM newegg Home Premium Vista and took three minutes to do over phone. Nothing was asked besides hardware changed and installed only one computer assurance. Couldn't been easier or less intrusive.