Cmdlines question

Hello everybody! I'd like to ask something.

Can I silently install my applications directly fron cmdlines.txt rather than using RunOnceEx?

Using RunOnceEx they will be installed on firtst logon but using directly cmdlines they will be installed

after the Windows installation.

What do you think, is this a correct method? I want to try it on a virtual machine but I don't have time at the moment.

Thank you very much

Yes....You can ! I suppose to better than RunOnceEx becoz...its need to create User A/c first then increases numbers of restarts.

CMDLINES.TXT is parsed at T12, right? And I'm not sure that the windows installer is present in the install at this point, right? So.....I may be right in saying that some software will not install at T12. Ergo you may need to go the route of the RunOnceEx method, which in actual fact should install nicely before any user account or shell has been initiated or loaded into a GUI.

As for restarts, as long as you include switches into your app install lines, that will supress rebooting, then you have a foolproof install method that looks relatively professional.

I install Office2003/2007, 2003 Admin tools, SAV Corp 10, oracle calendar, Cisco VPN, reg tweaks and plenty of other apps that install flawlessly with the RunOnceEx method.

MSI installs fine from Cmdlines.txt. Any program that does not install from Cmdlines.txt IMO, maybe bugged and needs reporting to the developer. Just about every program that I have installed from Cmdlines.txt performs without error.

:)

MSI installs fine from Cmdlines.txt. Any program that does not install from Cmdlines.txt IMO, maybe bugged and needs reporting to the developer. Just about every program that I have installed from Cmdlines.txt performs without error.

:)

I stand corrected. I have never tried to install from CMDLINES.TXT, only configure RunOnceEx.