register Your Windows etc

I am wanting to know what I can do to make a user "register" his/her windows when they receive their pc back. I have noticed on installs from HP etc, that when you get your pc "new" from them it goes through a whole registration process. This would be ideal for technicians who setup a new pc and then can give it to the client and they can put in their contact details etc.

Thanks

I'm not quite sure what you're on about. Apperantly you would like an unattended installation, but which will still prompt the user for a username, password, et cetera, as normal during the end of the setup process. You could simply achieve this with your WINNT.SIF file. See the Unattended Guide on this web site.

I'm not quite sure what you're on about. Apperantly you would like an unattended installation, but which will still prompt the user for a username, password, et cetera, as normal during the end of the setup process. You could simply achieve this with your WINNT.SIF file. See the Unattended Guide on this web site.

I am a pc technician and build a lot of machines on a regular basis, so what I would like to do is have my unattend disk which will put in an oem key as well as load all the appropriate software that I instruct it, but when it is down, I can remove the oem key because it does not belong to the relevant client and then box and ship that pc, along with an original OEM license, so that when the user gets his pc he can put in his unique OEM code himself :-)

Are these PCs from manufactures like HP, Dell, etc.?

Or are they PCs you are building (Clones)?

Because if they are by HP, Dell, etc. just find and use the royalty keys (they can be extracted by an original build using OEMGetFiles utility) and check out this project:

http://siginetsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117

This way, Windows is activated with the key it originally came with and you and the client don't have to worry about other OEM keys. It is legal, because you are getting the PC back to the way it was.

Nope, these are clone pc's I just would like to use my own oem key so that if I have to build 5 or 6 pcs, I do not have to open the clients original oem cd, so that when he gets his pc and opens it, he can put in his own contact details as well as his own genuine oem key. This gives me the freedom of installing everything quickly.

Thanks