[feature request] files/dirs to copy to image

MerijnB

Hi,

I think it would be great if you could configure some files/directories in a nlite preset, which will be copied to (for example) the root of the new image.

This saves you from doing this manually before generating the ISO, and thus prevents you from forgetting it.

Something like the page where you can define which files to keep and remove (Keer or Remove additional files) but then from an 'external' place.

keep up the good work!

People would confuse this with the post install copying. For which if you didn't know you can use $oem$.

About the preinstall file copy...since you already copy that XP distribution every time before nLite you can put all your files in the original folder made for it.

I do agree with your suggestion more than you know because I use directory syncing tools to copy my extra folders. Maybe you should try them. You can do like:

copy xp sp2 to dir

copy tools to dir

Point is nLite already does too much, lets not make it directory syncing tool as well :)

I do agree with your suggestion more than you know because I use directory syncing tools to copy my extra folders. Maybe you should try them. You can do like:

copy xp sp2 to dir

copy tools to dir

can you explain how you use this please?

Other very generic solution could be to enable a user to run a batch file or application after the nlite processing is done.

Search for a free directory sync program and read the help in it.

ah, I understood you had something triggered by nLite.

I don't need an dir sync tool, just a trigger from nLite :)

But maybe I can make a 'workaround' using the addons.