nLite 1.4 RC2 - Rain Ultra

nuhi

You cannot select a XP Source over a network (i see that your XP Disk is on Y:\My2K3CD)...

Ok, thanks. I didn't try that. Except I've always done it from the mapped Y: drive, so maybe something changed in 1.4RC (??)

Edited by jimanny

Framework issue.

Have the same error as jimmany in Post 51 on the second picture.

XP SP2 English (x86).

First installed nlruntimer3.exe, then nLite-1.4.rc.exe (SFX version).

Was good with the same nlruntimer3.exe and nLite-1.4.beta.exe (SFX version).

Shall try restore backup image and test again.

For testing current SP3 beta build without your connect key you have to replace the SP3 pidgen.dll with the one out of SP2.

What about the sys restore bug ... I'm running on an nlite 1.3 build of XP SP2 and set it to 5% - this was set correct during install.

Did this problem came up with 1.4?

Hello nuhi nice to see you back with another release ;), i saw this on ryanvm's forum posted by a user called code65536, thougt you maybe wanted to look at it. I dont say that this is nlite fault, but many say it is.

Here's direct link and some copy paste ;).

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4955

Known nLite Issues

This is a list of known issues with using nLite to integrate this update addon. By definition, these are problems that occur only during nLite integrations and that do not affect integrations done with the RVM Integrator.

This post will be updated as new nLite issues are brought to my attention. Since I only test with the RVMI and not with nLite, any issues that occur only in nLite but not in the RVMI should be reported to me because I would otherwise not notice them. Also, while I will try to address whatever nLite-only issues that people run into, both the main RVM update pack and this update addon are targeted primarily for the RVMI and not for nLite, so nLite-only issues are a low priority for me.

Issue #1: Flash Player registration

Problem: Flash player is not registered.

Cause: nLite does not update existing txtsetup.sif entries with the new entries specified by the update addon.

Solution: After nLite integration, but before the creation of the CD image, you must manually edit "txtsetup.sif" in the I386 directory: search for and change "Flash9c" to "Flash9d" and "FlashUtil9c" to "FlashUtil9d".

This post will be updated as new nLite issues are brought to my attention.

Edited by wazer

jimanny, did you figure it out why that happens?

Try to uninstall all frameworks, reboot then install just 2.0 full. It must work.

Breezer, that dll is needed by some games or something, I forgot but it is needed.

To clean sp1.cab use Options - Merge CABs.

"Options General since 1.2 RC:

Keep Windows Media Player is standard enabled and grayed out"

I don't understand that last part.

wazer, yeah it's in todo but when I saw that many redundant "nlite issue" I got annoyed and saved it for later.

Try to uninstall all frameworks, reboot then install just 2.0 full. It must work.

Breezer, that dll is needed by some games or something, I forgot but it is needed.

To clean sp1.cab use Options - Merge CABs.

"Options General since 1.2 RC:

Keep Windows Media Player is standard enabled and grayed out"

I don't understand that last part.

wazer, yeah it's in todo but when I saw that many redundant "nlite issue" I got annoyed and saved it for later.

Always fast ;), just wanted to be sure that you did know, Happy holiday to you nuhi and the rest on this forum.

nuhi, thank you. I got it to work, but only with the full 2.0 x64 .Net. Before when I *thought* I had 2.0 full installed, I probably didn't cause I used ryanvm's all-in-one .Net installer (dotnetaio.exe) which probably didn't install in this XP x64 machine (I didn't check it :blushing: ). Still though, Framework Lite R3 worked fine on this x64 machine all the way up to 1.4b, so maybe something changed in 1.4RC? Or maybe I was lucky and Framework Lite R3 isn't supposed to work on x64. Either way, I'm stoked that it's working again. :)

SP3 should work just fine. I have tested the last two beta versions with all removed and it was errorless aka fine.
For testing current SP3 beta build without your connect key you have to replace the SP3 pidgen.dll with the one out of SP2.

nlite v.1.4.RC2 :thumbup Thanks ... all work fine... :whistle: and iso is more little respect to v1.3 final :hello:

Edited by datalife

I have make an nlited XP pro french with nlite 1.4rc2 and all went fine....except the latest patch for XP (KB933729) and the October cumulative update for IE6 (KB939653) are not integrated; did you plan to support this for Nlite 1.4 final ?

KB933729 integration is working perfectly, you are doing something wrong because I just made my XP CD with it and everything was OK. Since I'm integrating IE7, I can't tell anything about KB939653, but that should work fine too because I integrated KB939653 for IE7 perfectly and I doubt that there is some difference in method of integration for this two hotfixes.

Cheers ;)

Problem with RC2 & FrameworkLite 2.0 R3.

This error happens everytime when after nLite starts to read the Windows installation files:

post-66752-1192304345_thumb.jpg

Here's the details:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'ncab, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5c790c52ffa26522' or one of its dependencies. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)

File name: 'ncab, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5c790c52ffa26522' ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800736B1): This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)

at ..(String , String )

at ..(String )

at ..(String , StringCollection& , Boolean , Boolean )

at ..()

at ..()

at ..WndProc(Message& )

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/nLite/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

nlite

Assembly Version: 1.4.0.2

Win32 Version: 1.4.0.2

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/nLite/nLite.exe

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/nLite/System.DLL

nLite

Assembly Version: 1.4.0.2

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/nLite/System.Windows.Forms.DLL

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/nLite/System.Drawing.DLL

nlgw

Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0

Accessibility

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/nLite/Accessibility.DLL

MCDBNET2

Assembly Version: 1.32.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.32.0.1302

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/nLite/MCDBNET2.DLL

msvcm80

Assembly Version: 8.0.50608.0

Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.42

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINNT/WinSxS/x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.42_x-ww_0de06acd/msvcm80.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

korri, I ran into the same error. Try nuhi's suggestion to me in post 65. 1.4.RC2 works for me, except with dotnet 2.0 full instead of lite. Also, in case you're on x64, make sure you install dotnet 2.0 full x64 so that you don't repeat my mistake! :whistle:

Still the same error as before (last time mentioned by korri a couple of posts above.

Previous version nLite-1.4.beta.exe + nlruntimer3.exe worked.

Installation on a "clean" system (just restored from backup image).

Have not tried full Framework install.

Windows XP SP2 x86 English.

Hi folks!

My nLite'd Windows 2000 Server SP4 hangs at "Saves Settings..."

I hade the same problem with the latest beta, I spent lots of time trying to pinpoint why, trying different combinations of settings, but it seemed kind of random. I was happy to read about the RC1 that a problem was fixed regarding hanging at "Saves Settings..." so I tried again today, with RC2, new copy of Win2K Server files, integrated SP4, and then I did my modifications, not much changes: just removed stuff that I never use. Nothing that was marked red, no extra drivers or apps or anything like that.

Burned a cd and tried it out, with hanging as the result. I can send you the config file, I'm starting to get desperate. hope that you can provide a bugfix before I am forced to install the complete Win2K Server, oh the horror!

Best regards,

Nebol.