nLite 1.4 RC2 - Rain Ultra

nuhi

Everyone else: Is there a known issue with creating a boot ISO? I did that with XP x64 SP2 corp and burned it using nero, results in "Cannot find NTLDR"..

NTLDR and other boot critical files have to be on the first DVD layer and under 4GB boundary.

ISO issues are usually because of the bug in the ISO engine regarding folder names.

Try not to add any non-standard folders, like [programs] or like that, it may be the cause.

I did report it to the company which made the engine but they can be slow at times.

No big deal on the ISO, I didn't add anything other than using the GUI except Nvidia's latest beta driver, and my si3114 raid drivers in textmode, maybe one of those uses nonstandard folders.

I tracked the errors with firefox x64 down to a missing msvcr80.dll in system32, one of the selections I made must have removed it? My last_session.ini is attached.

If it matters the iso was built on a Windows Server 2008 RC0 system, and burned using nero on the same system. Nero was again used to burn from the folder w/a bootsector and that worked fine.

Lordwarlock: I used a CD-RW, so I don't think that was the issue, but thanks :D

ISO issues are usually because of the bug in the ISO engine regarding folder names.

Try not to add any non-standard folders, like [programs] or like that, it may be the cause.

I did report it to the company which made the engine but they can be slow at times.

LAST_SESSION.INI

Edited by Da_G

The root folder is standard, $OEM$, AMD64, and I386..

Yeah, I grabbed the runtime before I posted and it fixed the issue..

Something must've changed with the tweaks I used to cause it not to load from the /Program Files/Firefox Community Edition/ folder, I noticed the dll is there right alongside the app. With a fresh install of XP x64 and a fresh download of it, it will load without any prompts, so i presume it's loading from the same folder as the exe in that case, is there a setting in nLite that would affect this behavior?

nuhi, thanks for the release. nLite is great! :hello:

I setup a vmware XP x64 SP2 "nLiter" machine, specifically to build nLited x64 images. It's been working great since v1.35. With the 1.4RC release I ran into an error. Here's what I did.

1. Run MS update, install all available updates (there were 4 of them). Reboot.
  2. Uninstall 1.4b
  3. Install 1.4RC
  4. Launch nLite and get this:

snap1tk2.th.gif

Ok, I figured maybe the Framework lite was also updated, but I see R3 like I have. Then I tried:

1. Install R3 over the top of the existing install
  2. Launch nLite, which then ran fine (?)
  3. Then Next > Refresh, and get this:

snap2fh2.th.gif

Next, I will install the full .Net 2.0 Framework and see what happens. Thanks for taking a look.

Edited by jimanny

I tried the full x64 2.0 framework (dotnetfx2_64.exe), but still came the same errors. :no:

Here's how the event viewer looks:

snap3jb4.th.gif

The next two errors say:

Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.CRT. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

and

Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

:huh:

Edited by jimanny

Thanks for the release :)

Anyone can explain me what is the famous SFC bug? :(

This bug appears when you integrate IE7. This cause Windows File Protection to appear even if nothing is missing from system files. Simple driver installation or attaching usb device, and Windows File Protection will complain about missing files.

Cheers ;)

Ok, thanks for explaining... is this bug present even if I integrate ie7 but disable SFC completely checking the related option in NLite Configuration?

When removing direct x diagnostics, the file dxdiagn.dll is still present in the final product.

Hotfixes 932168, 933729 and 939653 have not been installed, though included in the list.

The tweak “small pictograms in menu start” still doesn't work.

After completing Nlite the directory \i186 has the following files,

which could be leftovers for the integration of SP1:

xpsp1res.dl_ (in the root directory)

win51IC.sp1 (in the root directory)

sp1.cab (in \i386)

sp1.cat (in \i386)

Options General since 1.2 RC:

Keep Windows Media Player is standard enabled and grayed out

Can you fix it?

My Windows is XP SP2.

@ Outbreaker

No, the problem should not appear, but installation will take longer since files are not directly replaced. In this way IE7 will be installed during T13. And, you can integrate addons using nLite too.

Cheers ;)

@Jimanny

You cannot select a XP Source over a network (i see that your XP Disk is on Y:\My2K3CD), i had to copy it to the computer (in your case VMWare) as if it was on the local computer ie. Desktop\My2K3CD. But i think you can save the ISO on the Y:\... :)

Edited by legolash2o