nLite 1.4 RC2 - Rain Ultra

nuhi

:thumbup Testing now! with SP3 build 5.1.2600.3205 and IE7 build 7.0.5730.13

@ nuhi: officially Nlite 1.4 RC ic compatible and/or work with SP3 and new IE7? :blushing:

p.s. ... new vLite? :ph34r:

What kind of question is it? SP3 is barely announced.

Thanks for the release :)

Anyone can explain me what is the famous SFC bug? :(

This bug appears when you integrate IE7. This cause Windows File Protection to appear even if nothing is missing from system files. Simple driver installation or attaching usb device, and Windows File Protection will complain about missing files.

Cheers ;)

upd: KB937143,kb925398 direct integration

Can i now include the KBxxxxx.exe's like a addon ? no .inf files needed ?

You can include it in hotfixes section in nLite. You could do this before this version was out but nLute would not slipstream it directly. It would be installed during T-13. Since this version nLite will directly replace updated files in your source.

Cheers ;)

Is it better to put the slipstream addons in nLite ore to use the .exe file in nLite for the WinUpdates + IE7, WMP11 ?

Edited by Outbreaker

:thumbup Testing now! with SP3 build 5.1.2600.3205 and IE7 build 7.0.5730.13

Testing stopped!

SP3 3205 not accept my LEGAL! VOL KEY. This KEY work fine with SP2 and SP3 3180 with latest WGA!

... umh! I remenber: this is the same error of the latest SP2 beta build before first RC (accept only beta CONNECT key)

I try to install RETAIL VOL and after SP3 3205, but if is off-topics, ending post.

Thanks.

p.s. Nuhi waiting your reply.

I got no idea why are you playing with SP3 that's prolly not even public beta or something.

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Beta Build: 2600.xpsp.070831-1912 (Service Pack 3, v.3205) is first "Public Beta Preview" for beta testers only https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin...40&id=64416 and i am one of that! Read http://www.softwareheadlines.com/modules/p...icle.php/228355

Please: don't flame me more :blink:

Thanks!

@ Outbreaker

In my opinion it is better to put .exe files, because on this way files on your CD will be the newest. And when you put the addon, files are not directly replaced. Every addon you put is installed during T13, so this is one more reason to not use it, because Windows installation will last longer.

Cheers ;)

Datalife: As a beta tester, you should know to check the official newsgroups first.. there's a post from microsoft about this very thing in the xp sp3 newsgroup.

Everyone else: Is there a known issue with creating a boot ISO? I did that with XP x64 SP2 corp and burned it using nero, results in "Cannot find NTLDR"..

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Beta Build: 2600.xpsp.070831-1912 (Service Pack 3, v.3205) is first "Public Beta Preview" for beta testers only https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin...40&id=64416 and i am one of that! Read http://www.softwareheadlines.com/modules/p...icle.php/228355

Please: don't flame me more :blink:

Thanks!

SP3 should work just fine. I have tested the last two beta versions with all removed and it was errorless aka fine.

But there was an important update for general usage, check the top post.

Yah, SP3 slipstreams and works just fine, but VLK keys aren't accepted in the current build.

Any word on the iso boot? I took the folder and put it into nero and made it bootable with a bootsector, worked fine that way. Running on that install now. Getting some odd errors with mmoy's x64 build of firefox though, trying to track that down..