nLite 1.4 RC2 - Rain Ultra

nuhi

A long delayed fix version finally here.

Final will be out much faster, it just depends on your response on this one. Bugz and sprayz...

Btw if you reported some issue and it isn't fixed in this one (except for SFC) but you think it should have, maybe I missed it...please report it again.

Yours trully.

Changelog and download

edit: 10.11.2007 RC2

Fixed Network Provision removal. It was breaking all sorts of things. If you got error popup during install (first gui boot) or bunch of WMI and Com+ errors in the setuperr.log, or RPC something...just use this one and I apologize for any inconvenience.

hi nuhi,

great news ..

But no mention of Netlogon in the changelog :blink:

Each time , I see someone saying in this forum, that Netlogon shouldn"t be removed.

Does all issues related to it, fixed ?

Currently there's an annoying "bug" in my nlited install:

each time I try to open a mht file with IE7, I get a BSOD.

Maybe it's linked to netlogon removal ? (didn't have time yet to check if this is the reason).

First of all THANKS a lot for this one! :)

Just a small bug I guess: When starting 1.4 RC on a freshly installed system.. if u do not select an installation source (so leave the field blank) and go on "Next" -> nlite crashes with a .net failure.

Maybe u can take a look into it. However I guess it does not happen very often. I personally just forgot (honestly) to select the source and then had the error on my screen...

Hey good work thanks :D

But no mention of Netlogon in the changelog :blink:

Each time , I see someone saying in this forum, that Netlogon shouldn"t be removed.

Does all issues related to it, fixed ?

Currently there's an annoying "bug" in my nlited install:

each time I try to open a mht file with IE7, I get a BSOD.

Maybe it's linked to netlogon removal ? (didn't have time yet to check if this is the reason).

I was expecting netlogon on the changelog too, oh you forgot to add the IIS unattended thing you fixed aswell, where you had to redo some code or something like that (correct me if im wrong).

Netlogon for me just caused Installers not to work properly, but i doubt its the cause of every problem lol

extrabigmehdim, only legolash2o said it but he likes to repeat it all over. I tried of course and in my case it was the NetDDE. Anyway no one else reported it, so lets wait and see. Maybe it's preset dependable.

For MHT I presume you kept the Outlook Express, try not to integrate IE7 if you do.

MarkCoolio, do you get that every time? I tried now with a blank and it just popups a message that I should use a CD...

Outbreaker, I don't recall anyone telling me about that. Gonna check. Also what System Restore bug? Percentage settings and disable in the unattended?

rado354, http://www.nliteos.com/addons/entries.html#UpdateCabs

legolash2o, how could you miss the IIS in the changelog. "x64 sp2 unattended IIS install (was breaking installation)".

extrabigmehdim, only legolash2o said it but he likes to repeat it all over. I tried of course and in my case it was the NetDDE. Anyway no one else reported it, so lets wait and see. Maybe it's preset dependable.

You say that as if you know me (please don't), next time i just wont try n help + i always remove NetDDE n works fine so its probably is preset dependable... :)

not to be big headed or anything but...

Netlogon

legolash2o, how could you miss the IIS in the changelog. "x64 sp2 unattended IIS install (was breaking installation)".

Sorry my bad, didn't have my glasses on :D