Threatfire complement to antivirus

I discovered Threatfire a while ago, today I searched MSFN for NFO on it and nothing, so I decided to recomend it.

I has caught things that NOD32 , Spybot, Superantispyware have misssed.

Pls post your experience with this program, etc...

pls continue to pst your opinions, and thks to those who have replied. :-)

Now how about suggesting some alternattives to Threatfire !

anonymous_user try Jetico Firewall, A pain to configure but best Firewall in my humble opinion.

Edited by mamas6667

@mamas6667:

Can you please write a detailed reply on why you feel Threatfire works, or is actually a good product? Exactly what objects did it find that NOD32 and other anti-malware have missed?

@anonymous_user:

Can you also please write a detailed reply on exactly how much resources does Threatfire consume? How much space does it occupy, etc?

Everything from PC Tools is crap imo. Lots of false detections, and even stuff that can break your installation.

That includes Threat Fire, Spyware Doctor, System Mechanic...

Agreed. The reporting of false positives seems to be a built in feature, to convince users that their software discovers more than other applications do. Avoid!

• 9 months later...

Hey guys, I recently installed threatfire. Was then told by a friend to install System Mechanic Professional 6. I tried to, but threatfire came up with an application that was performing a portentionally malicious action, category was high. What it was, was Kapersky Anti Hacker. Well, I told it to kill it and quarantine it, blah blah, next thing I know, ALL of system mechanics was removed.

What do you think? Shall I install it again? (It is from a bought disk, not a fraudulent copy) and ignore the warning?

Threatfire uses too much system ram in my test it uses at least 10% just to run it in the background and shouts at lots of things which i know are ok.

As for Spyware Doctor so far its bin the best one I have used (and I have used a few)

NOD32 is THE BEST antivirus system that is out on the market today virus bulletin have given Eset their 49th award which you dont get for being crap now do you?

NOD32 is THE BEST antivirus system that is out on the market today virus bulletin have given Eset their 49th award which you dont get for being crap now do you?

NOD32 has 50 Success / 3 Failure out of 53 tests (95% pass), spread over 10 years. Most vendors aren't even close :) Plus, it's extremely lightweight compared to all the others.

As a quick comparison (VB100 test pass/fail):

AVG: 22 Success / 22 Failure, 50% failure rate (and poor detection rates unsurprisingly)

Trend Micro: 16 Success / 11 Failure, 41% failure rate

McAfee: 35 Success / 20 Failure, 36% failure rate

Kaspersky: 42 Success / 16 Failure, 27.5% failure rate

Avira: 13 Success / 2 Failure (only been tested for 3 years, new-ish app), 13% failure rate

Symantec: 44 Success / 6 Failure, 12% failure rate

• 1 month later...

I run nod32 and Threatfire at the same time.. I find if I only run nod32 on its own.. some virus can get passed.. but runing both works very well if nod32 does miss some thing then Threatfire will stop it.. Threatfire puts all the control to the user so you know its a virus or just some new program your installing.