Vista Setup Screen Info?

you're welcomed, I just have one last problem, the background image when first entering setup and right before setup restart PC, it still the default image, I've changed anywhere I think the image could be but same...

• 1 month later...

I modded all the files which are in sources directory.....but after restarting....the default background image only appearing again in setup......anyone please help me.....by the way....u guys know?...how to change the windows edition name in system properties?.....right now i'm using home premium....but i want to change this edition name to vista ultimate....anyone know where to change this one....? please anyone help me with these two matters...Thank you

• 1 month later...
Its not install.wim,

but boot.wim Image 2

u have to mount boot.wim #2 image and edit required files in sources folder of it.

Hey I replaced last image of boot.wim #2 . But I think there is a file protection in vista wim images

because after replacing the image I unmounted boot.wim #2 and again checked it to know whether

It is done or not but I again found an unedited image(default image) there so can you tell me

about this kind of protection please

• 7 months later...

Below is a list of all bitmaps that can be modified for setup background.

I'm not sure which were the right ones so I changed them all to black for a completeley black setup.

sources\background_cli.bmp

mounted boot.wim 2 \sources\background.bmp

mounted boot.wim 2 \sources\spwizimg.dll (bitmaps 517,518 ResHacker)

mounted boot.wim 2 \Windows\System32\setup.bmp

mounted boot.wim 2 \Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-i..dia-branding-client_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7068.0_none_1be5d3d3aff37e82\setup.bmp

mounted boot.wim 2 \Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-i..dia-branding-client_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7068.0_none_1be5d3d3aff37e82\background.bmp

mounted boot.wim 2 \Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-i..dia-branding-client_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7068.0_none_1be5d3d3aff37e82\spwizimg.dll (bitmaps 517,518 ResHacker)

mounted install.wim \Windows\system32\spwizimg.dll

post-234383-1239295686_thumb.jpg

The rest of setup looks like this as well as booting from DVD.

I had to edit this post to include windows\system32\spwizimg.dll from mounted install.wim to have the background image of the last part of setup look as you like.

Edited by midnight rambler

• 2 months later...

res hacker 3.4.0.79 I am not from errors but when I open the file I do not show anything (blank page) ...

only with boot.win of VISTA SP2 .... SP1 with no problems with all the software and 2

Luckid ( google ;) )

Edited by luckid