Vista Setup Screen Info?

Hey Guys, I hope this is the right place to ask this question. I was wonder when are we gona start a thread on Customizing Vista Setup Screen. If there is a thread already started, they I am sorry and an you point me to that thread. I wanted to Edit my Vista Setup Screen, but I don't know which files to edit. Also what software can I use to edit those DLL files. If you guys can give me a jump start, I might look for those files myself and share my findings with you guys. So if someone can comment to this topic, it would really help me get started.

THX :thumbup

P.S. Fusion :hello:

First of all Neo, thx for all your help man. Neo I hate to keep bugging you, but I am guessing that the DLL files you gave me are just the starting points right? And I am pretty sure there are more. My question to you Neo is that, What is the best way to find all the DLL Files for the Setup Process? Do I go threw all the DLL or are there any Special Ones for the Setup Process? So if you can comment on this topic, that would REALLY help me out. Once again, thx for all the help man.

P.S. Fusion

w32uiimg.dll and w32uires.dll located at sources folder in Vista DVD

Not if you removed all files exept boot.wim and install.wim from the sources folder.

Then use the files in the mounted install.wim

• 1 month later...

Thats very interesting.... ;) Iwoudlso change my setup screens, but i didnt found the resources, So i play a little animation film during the first time of setup. Is it possible to have sound :whistle: at the vista setup ? In the XP setup process it runs fine at T32...

Mhhh, i didnt found the setup wallpaper with resource tuner in this files.... Anyone knows more about the setup screens ?

I changed the winpe.bmp, and the setp starts with my new wallpaper, but only a few seconds and "bam" ther was the old style on the screen... :blink:

:thumbupHi, i had (partially???) success !!! But Im a little bit confused. There are so much files inside and outside of the Wim Files, and i made my work at home and at workplace, so i dont remember, which files i had patched. I believe they had all the text string "img" in the filename, so you should look in this files for Images. Some had bmp,some png files inside. Im still testing...

post-35954-1196264924_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

bumping...

I have modified spwizimg.dll inside \sources\ folder, it work when I start setup from Windows, but if I run setup from CD (bootable), the default vista background is shown, I mounted install.wim and found spwizimg.dll inside \Windows\system32\ folder, edited it, rebuild ISO test and it still the same...

so any idea how to?

Can you help me on this please, I followed your instructions but still I cannot change the Autoplay screen of Vista when opened in Windows mode, though the setup in DOS mode is working fine. Thanks.