Size of Driver Packs

Dvij

Hi I've just downloaded the Bashrat's Sneaky driver pack all (chipset, lan, etc.,). Can any one tell me what will be the size of these drivers after integrating them into a fresh xpsp2 cd (i've not removed any components from the cd - fresh xpsp2 cd). How much it will occupy on the CD.

If you have them all, they will decompress to well over 500MB themselves. Why not just move to DVD-R/W if you're concerned with size?

Well over 500mb? :) It's a looot more :)

Is it more than what CDs max out at?

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

If you have them all, they will decompress to well over 500MB themselves. Why not just move to DVD-R/W if you're concerned with size?

Well over 500mb? :) It's a looot more :)

Is is more than what CDs max out at?

Drivers Pack Graphic A - Decompressed size: 174 MB Archived (7-zipped) size: 66.2 MB

Drivers Pack Graphic B - Decompressed size: 389 MB Archived (7-zipped) size: 51.9 MB

Drivers Pack Graphic C - Decompressed size: 205 MB Archived (7-zipped) size: 64 MB

And that's just Graphic Packs. There are sounds, wifi etc. Check it on http://driverpacks.net/DriverPacks

So yes it will be more the CDs max out. Keep in mind you would need to put Windows on that CD aswell :)

But they won't be in expanded form on the CD : they will be expanded at the beginning of the graphic part of the installation.

The orginal question wasn't precised :) We can assume that by integration he meant unpacked drivers.

On your CD or DVD, if you include all current Bashrat driverpacks (no 3rd party Driverpacks) like so...

DPC710.7z

DPCP7041.7z

DPGA710.7z

DPGB710.7z

DPGC7091.7z

DPL7091.7z

DPM708.7z (Not the latest)

DPSA710.7z

DPSB710.7z

DPW7092.7z

The OEM folder will take up 282Mb on the CD or DVD.

Then add about 4Mb for MassStorage drivers added to I386.

Just allow 300Mb and you'll be fine, which means you have to get Windows to under 400Mb. Just use nLite and remove the Tour, MSN Explorer, Administrative Tools pack... theres a lot of useless stuff you can remove and get it to under 400mb. I have a fully functional ISO thats about 200Mb, half the size! Unless you speak about 25 languages, those are the first to go... then you can get away with adding IE7 and WMP11 as an "addon" in nLite, and also slipstream hotfixes etc... its all easily possible to fit inside 700Mb.