New PC making help needed

vicky47

hi..

wanted to buy a new PC ....for game's

can u people help me out ...here

first which Processor is better Intel C2D E6850 or INTEL (QUAD CORE) Q6600 or any better is coming near future ..like in month or 2

second..about the Motherboard which is best ...i mean best from ASUS -- MSI- and XFX NVIDIA

and one more thing that which Intel chipset is better ...G31, G33, P35 , Q35 , X38....or any other ...and what is NVIDIA® nForce® 680 ....

third thing is about RAM...i know CORSAIR is the best but the thing is that i read that 800 bus RAM or more is not good for gaming right now that most game don't know how to use it .....tell me which to by DOMINATOR (DDR3 or XMS3 DHX or any other ... see here

and next thing is LCD....i which will be better for gaming wild screen or non-wild screen.

and the main thing GPU card ....Inno3D , MSI or XFX

puntoMX say all give us a upperlimit for the pc

the question of which board is realy hard to answer because i think each person prefer his producer.

I can say from my own experience ASUS does a good job but gigabyte too.

A QuadCore is only usefull when your operatingsystem supports the 4 cpu

but first give us a upperlimit for the pc and what kind of games you prefer

Hi there, I could calculate a system of 5000US$ if you want, but does that help you?

We need a budget here, and were you are going to buy your parts. Do you know how to build a computer?

system should be upto 2000$ and yes i know how to build it..ant i am going to buy from this site . this is the pakistani site...easy to get and no shipping problem...

the question of which board is realy hard to answer because i think each person prefer his producer.

i prefer MSI because as they best board's according to tom's hardware but i like ASUS but the problem is that my most of friends use ASUS board but after some months they are giving them problems ....

so what about Vista....it support 4 CPU right...

What a crapy site...

Any way, here is what I would say:

• iNTEL Core2 Q6600
  • ASUS P5K Deluxe
  • Any case you like without a PSU...
  • Seagate 500GB Hard disk
  • ACER 20" or 22" LCD/TFT Screen
  • Any keyboard you personally like, I would test them before buying any, e.g. hold the mouse in your hand and test the keys of the keyboard if they fit you... Logitech and Microsoft are favorites to many.
  • Corsair 520Watt PSU
  • Corsair CM2X1024 RAM, that should be 2 times 1GB at 800MHz I think, can’t see it right...
  • XFX nVidia GF 8800GTS 640MB PCI-E

That would make a cool gaming machine, I hope it’s under 2000US$, just make the calculation ;). Optional you can go with 4 x 1GB sticks if you like.

i agrea with puntoMX only the monitor acer is in my opinion not realy good, i prefer lg more contrast an better picture

the processing of acer is not realy good lg or samsung are much better.

thx but what about this one..

* INTEL QUAD CORE Q6600

* ASUS Striker Extreme OR MSI P6N Diamond OR XFX NFORCE 680I SLI

* Casing ASUS VENTO 7700

* Seagate 3.5" 750GB 7200RPM SATA-II 16MB Cache

* VIEWSONIC 22" SILVER BLACK WIDE SCREEN OR ANY GOOD ONE (tell me)

* LOGITECH Keyboard G-15--- Mouse G-5

* COOLER MASTER REAL POWER 850 WATTS SLI READY

* Corsair XMS2 DOMINATOR TWIN2X2048-8500 /1066 BUS

* XFX nVidia GF 8800GTS 640MB PCI-E

the main problem is that i cannot decide between motherboard and LCD ( Widescreen or normal)

what problems exactly are your friends having and with what models?

most of my friends are having problems in ASUS Striker ...the problem is it die after few month's ...and stop detecting harddisk, roms and other hardwares ...

[...]most of my friends are having problems in ASUS Striker ...the problem is it die after few month's ...and stop detecting harddisk, roms and other hardwares ...

Have you looked at the Gigabyte boards? I'm a happy user of a Gigabyte P35-DS3 (just look at my signature to see my configuration).

EDIT:

Sorry, after looking at the site I noticed they don't sell Gigabyte boards :(

Edited by nitroshift

Ok...let's stop that little piece of misinformation before it goes any further.

Even Windows XP Home Edition will support a quad-core CPU. Here are the OS CPU limitations spelled out for you:

Windows XP Home Edition / Vista Home Basic / Vista Home Premium

All support only one physical CPU. That CPU can have Hyper-Threading, can be dual-core, quad-core, octo-core*, etc, etc and it will use every core. What you cannot do is use more than one physical CPU.

Example 1:

These editions will use all four cores of a single quad-core CPU system.

Example 2:

These editions will only use the four cores of the first CPU in a dual quad-core CPU system (a system with 2 quad-core CPUs installed on a dual socket motherboard). They will completely "ignore" the second physical CPU.

Windows XP Professional / Vista Business / Vista Enterprise / Vista Ultimate

Supports up to two physical CPUs. Those CPUs can have Hyper-Threading, can be dual-core, quad-core, octo-core, etc, etc and it will use every core on both CPUs.

Example 1:

These editions will use all four cores of a single quad-core CPU system.

Example 2:

These editions will use all eight cores of a dual quad-core CPU system (a system with 2 quad-core CPUs installed on a dual socket motherboard).

Edited by nmX.Memnoch

• 2 weeks later...

i have this in my mind...

* INTEL QUAD CORE Q6600

* MSI P6N Diamond

* Casing ASUS VENTO 7700

* Seagate 3.5" 750GB 7200RPM SATA-II 16MB Cache

* VIEWSONIC 22" SILVER BLACK WIDE SCREEN

* LOGITECH Keyboard G-15--- Mouse G-5

* Corsair XMS2 DOMINATOR TWIN2X2048-8500 /1066 BUS

* XFX nVidia GF 8800GTS 640MB PCI-E or 768MB

just tell me the that 620W power supply can handle this or i have to get 850w power....

and one more thing some one told me that XFX 768MB can not fit in ASUS VENTO 7700 casing ...tell me is that true....

That 620W version should be more then enough, it’s Corsair right?

...some one told me that XFX 768MB can not fit in ASUS VENTO 7700 casing...

err... if that some one would tell you why... I don’t see why it will not fit.

--- EDIT ---

Some parts have not the best price/performance/capacity ratio. I would pick for example 2 500GB drives in RAID over a 750GB drive and an 8800GT 640 over an 8800GTX...

The Corsair HX520 will power that system without any troubles. I've got just about the same specs as you (slightly lower end video card) and my system draws less than 200W from the wall socket at full load.

Personally, I find the case you've chosen... ugly. I'd rather go for something a little more sleek looking, but if the alien-style spaceship look is what you're after, then go for it. From what I can tell, the Vento 7700 has plenty of space for the video card you've chosen. It's usually smaller cases that run into troubles with large video cards.