Hello

that seem to look that Microsoft is killing the msn on windows 98

why

why Microsoft>>

ahy

any help

thank you

GOD Blesses

That and MSN doesn't fully support Vista or Office 2007 yet either. I still get warnings about compatability when loading MSN and there's no spell check in the mail function if you have Office 2007, only works with 2005. If I didn't have my e-mail for so long I would dump them. Even windows mail doesn't support .msn or .hotmail sucks!

Or you can try MirandaIM if you're having so much trouble with MSN Messenger. I usually don't support alternatives but this is a situation that requires something alternative to be done...

version 7 not working it asks me for update
Oops, forgot.. requires .NET (min. .NET v1.1). I have used it in Win98/ME but had to install .NET...

Just go with BenoitRen's suggestion for MSN-Mangler 5.0... no special requirements... just don't update it. AFAIK, it works fine...

Or you can try MirandaIM
Methinks that whoever is being IM'd with has to be using the same IM software, so all IM friends would have to also have this installed and using it. Or am I wrong? :unsure: Try it also; just coordinate with friends to install, get ID's, etc... if it works, kewl!

What's the problem??? When it asks for update, it downloads latest 7.0 version from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

which is compatible with 98 and is 100% working.

Krap! U R probably right... It's just that I have not used 98/ME 4 a while (even tho testing soporific's stuff) and the install I have is a complete ("full") install (?mebe not?), hence "no downloading during install" (i think, anyway)...

But, here's a link to get pretty much any version -

http://www.oldapps.com/msn_messenger.htm

Trust these as you will...

@BenoitRen - perhaps ur r rite... i'm not much into IM's, so I can't comment any further than this...

I would just get MSN-Mangler straight from MS, install it, and just do what it asks (apparently it all depends on "options" that you want to install)... Just try it; if it works, ok, if not, well, uninstall and try a different version... search Microsoft.com for "MSN MESSENGER" (with quotes) and they all show up...