vlited vista cannot "see" the new updates from Windows Updat

simzen85

Hi all,

I just read this article http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20071...nce-of-sp1.html and they mention some recent KB updates (for example, KB 941649). But when I run Windows Update, it showed nothing there. And when I tried to manually download the KB from Microsoft website, it could be executed fine.

I want to ask it's because of the delay when Microsoft released their patches till when they're published on Windows Update, or because vLite changed something that made my installation now unable to see new updates ?

Note: I still can see some driver updates and some others minor updates from Windows Update

Thanks all

noone got the same problem ? currently my installation is running perfectly fine, i just dont want to miss any KB updates. you guys can check yours by running Windows Update and see if they detect these new KBs (in the ArsTechnica link I put in the 1st post)

Thanks

Microsoft hasn't released the updates on Automatic Update yet. Why getting paranoid over this?

How do you know that they haven't released the thing or just that our vLite-d Vista couldn't see the thing ? That's my concern. And the KBs is about to update the stability as well as the performance (from what I read from the article), that's why i sound like paranoid

Thanks for the input anyway :) I do hope that it's just because they haven't released the thing as I love my Vista now, vLite is great

You obviously didn't read your link properly

the general impression of Vista—especially in business environments—is that one should wait until Service Pack 1 (SP1) is released before even thinking of upgrading. Microsoft,

Edited by colinbate

You obviously didn't read your link properly

the general impression of Vista—especially in business environments—is that one should wait until Service Pack 1 (SP1) is released before even thinking of upgrading. Microsoft,

I didn't argue whether we should install Vista before or after SP1, I just want to know if the modded Vista (with vLite) will properly receives updates from Windows Update or not

as it was mentioned before ...those update is not on wu yet....so its not your vlite vista its microsoft....u will have to wait till this tuesday when they will probabilly release it and of course it will show up on wu on your vista......