Problems connecting to computer

Hello,

I've had networking working before, and something must have changed that doesn't allow me to connect to the computer. From the problematic computer, I can do outgoing connections fine, but I can't get any incoming connections on it. I've ran the Network Setup Wizard a few times, and that doesn't seem to help. I also have the firewall turned off.

I'm running XP Media Center Edition with all the latest updates.

Can someone help me get an incoming connection please? Thanks!

what specifically are you trying to do? In order for an incoming connection to work, it has to have a destination port. Check all your configurations and make sure all the ports you need are set up properly. if we get a little more info, we might be able to help better

I can see the network share from all of my computers, mac and windows, but when i try to connect it says that i can't. all i want to do is connect to the network share on this one particular computer, and no computer can connect to it. it sees it located in mshome/workgroup but it won't connect.

Straight from M$:

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

2. In Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Local Security Policy.

3. Under Local Policies\Security Options, and then double-click Network Access: Let Everyone permissions apply to anonymous users.

4. Click Enabled, and then click OK.