I'm trying hard... but can't find cause of problem

Hello, 1st i'd like to say i'm new to this forum and that I learned a lot from here.

Here is my situation.

I installed a Ris server on my network, i was able to push an unattended Windows XP installation on 2 different machines with their own drivers. Was able to push an SMS installation with an auto-logon and GuiRunOnce. Evrything was working fine! I made backups of $oem and i386 folders for all new steps I was doing to improve my installation.

I just recently used DriversPacks to copy about 800MB of drivers into my oem folder to see if i could deploy my OS on differents computers. I copied all network drivers into i386 and restarted the RIS service.

I tried to push an OS on a Compaq P600 and i got an error with a network driver that couldnt be copied at the RIS start. el90xbc5.sys. Said it was corrupted, so Deleted it. I restarted the computer, got trought the initial installation. When the installation tried to format the partition , it pops a Error saying that my HD could be damaged or to look if it is a SCSI. (Which isnt).

So I quickly tried to bring back my initial setting with two different backups, and the same error appears, i tried with another computer (new hd) IBM netvista. Same error! I tried with normal XP CD, and it worked.

So, i'm guessing , its not my HD, not my i386, not my template, not my $oem$. What could cause this error. I'm posting here before trying to actually reinstall my RIS.

Help a new technician to keep his job! If u need any infos , just ask

EDIT: I Pushed a Flat Image from the CD , and its working , so ... yea my backups would be broken? any idea how i could fix them ?

EDIT: I found out that ,somehow, my partitions got corrupted and i couldnt load images on them.

For now my problem is fixed , but i still don't know what could have corrupted my partition.

Edited by DeathBowl

• 1 month later...

I never had much sucess with the RyanVM Pack and the machines I use. Instead I use the drivers for the machine and make a seperate sif for each model and include the drivers in the OemPnpDriversPath instead and I have no issues. Only issue with a driver I had was ith a broadcom and there is plenty of help online to fix the driver error on that one.