Installing Intel Chipset INF for Vista?!

NaelAmer

Hello Guys, i have windows vista ultimate 32 bit installed on a P35 chipset motherboard, till now each time i try to install the INF utility, i carry on with next next next then in less than a second its tilling me finish like it didnt install the utility!! any idea how to install it properly?! because im sure its not installed, every time i connect my webcam its telling me ur connection could be faster which means the intel chipset drivers not well installed !! pls help meeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i tried that one same thing, once it starts installing less than a second its telling me its finished, wonder if there is something i could force it to install..

Sounds like Windows Vista is blocking the driver install and the installer isn't checking to see if it's actually installed or not. Or it's erroring silently and thus, must look for a log generated by the installer.

i tried that one same thing, once it starts installing less than a second its telling me its finished, wonder if there is something i could force it to install..

Head to start/Orb > run > regedit

Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL _MACHINE\SOFTWARE\intel\infinst

On the right column you will see stuffs like:

Install: success

Version: 8.3.1.1009

Just check it and you will know if it was properly installed.

Version = the version of the Intel chipset drivers you’ve installed

Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...