Internet Explorer 7 installer question

bigred

Integrating IE7 into my unattended discs has caused RunOnceEx to stop running, and so I've redone the discs (without IE7). They now run perfectly again, but I still need to get IE7 in there somehow.

My question:

Is there a way to install IE7 via RunOnceEx with my other apps? I've read threads on IEAK and a switchless installer, but don't know what works well and what doesn't. IF I can use one of those methods (please give me your recommendations) do I have to have activated the new install before IE7 can be installed? (I'd prefer not to go that way).

Any suggestions and tips as a result of your own trial and error would be appreciated. There's so many threads and so many different methods, some that are new and some that haven't been touched in a number of months, it can be difficult to know which way to go.

Edited by bigred

Integrating IE7 into my unattended discs has caused RunOnceEx to stop running, and so I've redone the discs (without IE7). They now run perfectly again, but I still need to get IE7 in there somehow.

My question:

Is there a way to install IE7 via RunOnceEx with my other apps? I've read threads on IEAK and a switchless installer, but don't know what works well and what doesn't. IF I can use one of those methods (please give me your recommendations) do I have to have activated the new install before IE7 can be installed? (I'd prefer not to go that way).

Any suggestions and tips as a result of your own trial and error would be appreciated. There's so many threads and so many different methods, some that are new and some that haven't been touched in a number of months, it can be difficult to know which way to go.

Easiest way to integrate IE7 with windows XP is integrate IE7 using nlite. You do not need to put any silent switches. Just add IE7 setup file in addon portion.

I did this successfully.

Hmm...ok. The RunOnceEx portion of my install stopped running, and I assumed it was because of IE7 being installed. Which is why I took it out (which then caused thing to run properly again). Maybe I will try the whole thing over again and see if I can get it to work properly.

I'm aware that the latest IE 7 download doesn't pose any RunOnceEx issue, since WGA is no longer required. But this doesn't answer my question.

If there is an IE7 Cumulative Roll-up to install (which there is), then when are you installing it? You aren't integrating it into SVCPack.inf at T-13 are you? Wouldn't that mean that IE7 would install (from RunOnceEx) after its updates at T-13?

So can IE7 be added first in svcpack.inf, before its hotfixes? Has anyone done this successfully?