fistlogoncommand doesnt apply all reg tweaks

Hi,

i used firstlogoncommand in the autounattend.xml to merge a reg file with the registry by launching a cmd file, the problem is that its not merging all the registry tweaks, why ? is there a way to merge all the registry tweaks ?

thank in advance.

++

Have you noticed which tweaks are making it through? I bet it is only the HKLM. You must be fully logged on in order to run the rest through as the pc is in Local Machine mode. Either somehow call a cmd AFTER logon, or merge your tweaks during audituser/sysprep pass. Maybe add a long pause command in your firstlogon.cmd, long enough for your account to fully log on? I don't know as I haven't tried.

Edited by razormoon

first i would like to thank u for helping me,

i know it doesnt apply all tweaks because it disable uac (which is one of my tweaks) but doesnt add run in the start menu and change other things in start menu.

do u think it will be good using audituser/sysprep (if im right its in the autounattend.xml, right ?)

I have to much tweaks files :x

thank u for your help.

++

Have you noticed which tweaks are making it through? I bet it is only the HKLM. You must be fully logged on in order to run the rest through as the pc is in Local Machine mode. Either somehow call a cmd AFTER logon, or merge your tweaks during audituser/sysprep pass. Maybe add a long pause command in your firstlogon.cmd, long enough for your account to fully log on? I don't know as I haven't tried.

:hello: Yep if thats the case you could setup a startup.cmd to run your tweaks & then delete itself after the first reboot. Or heck just use WPI & do the same.

Dreamscene is HKCU and works for me with Firstlogoncommands but HKLM will work also but perhaps not all of them. HKLM can be applied with setupcomplete.cmd also.

HKLM can also be done at specialize. This is the disable UAC there

<settings pass="specialize">
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Deployment" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<RunSynchronous>
<RunSynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">
<Order>1</Order>
<Path>cmd /c reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f</Path>
</RunSynchronousCommand>
</RunSynchronous>
</component>

hi,

can someone tell me when all the regtweaks can be merged at the same time ?

and can somebody remember me the command in dos to add a runonce (to run an executable + parameter or cmd).

thank u in advance ^^

off topic: can someone explain me why in vmware my unattended vista use like 200-230mo and when i install it on hdd it use more ram ? (same installation with same programs) ? tia

Edited by nuja

maxxp just explained dos command above:

cmd /c reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

oh, oops...you wanted run once...

REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Runonce" /V Install /D "Cmd /C Start %systemdrive%\Install\batch.cmd /S /Q" /f

Edited by razormoon

cmd /c reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Runonce" /V Install /D "Cmd /C Start %systemdrive%\Install\batch.cmd /S /Q" /f

do we have to use cmd command ? if i want to use an .exe,

REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Runonce" /V Installmyexe /D "Cmd %systemdrive%\Install\services.exe

is that right ?

can u explain me the /V /D and /S /Q /f, what are those doing ?

thank in advance.

do we have to use cmd command ? if i want to use an .exe,

REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Runonce" /V Installmyexe /D "Cmd %systemdrive%\Install\services.exe

is that right ?

can u explain me the /V /D and /S /Q /f, what are those doing ?

thank in advance.

open cmd window and type cmd /?

this will list all switches