Migrating Raid 1 Array from 680i to P35

Hi

Ive currently got a Raid 1 array on my eVGA 680i SLI board, I have recently just purchased myself the Asus Blitz Formula motherboard and want to transfer my Raid 1 over to that. They arent boot drives simply storage for Movies/Music,

Should i disable raid in the bios and boot into windows first before i change the motherboard and reinstall windows ?

or

Should i just turn PC off pull out motherboard put new one in and reinstall windows ?

Im not sure if the nvidia adds any information to the drives that will cause it to f*up if i simply switch them to the different mobos raid controller.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Most people will complain a lot more when they use 2 times 500 or 750GB drives in RAID 0. In that case it’s always better to stick with the same chipset maker or if you want to be really safe then go for a PCI-E raid controller.

I was expecting some complains by the way ;).

ITs ok ive backed up all my data onto 2 of my other drives and ordered another 500GB drive aswell. I am really paranoid about dataloss, especially when its 445GB worth of it. I will then finally have my drives setup how i want.

150GB WD Raptor Enterprise - Boot Drive

320GB WD Caviar - Misc Files Drive

2x500GB WD Caviar - Raid 1 Storage

2x500GB Seagate - Raid 1 Storage

Edited by Scubar